1995 TARAGO OVERHEATING

citydodger

HI , I BOUGHT THE 2.4 AUTO TARAGO GLI 4 WEEKS AGO AND THE TEMPERATURE WAS SITTING ABOUT 1/2 WAY WITH THE AIRCON ON . EVERTHING WAS FINE UNTIL THE OTHER DAY . THE COOLANT WAS SPITTING OUT OF THE RESEVOIR AND THE TEMPERATURE WAS ON THE RED . I TOP IT UP AND IT WAS FINE .THEN I TRAVELLED ABOUT 300 K'S AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN . THERE ARE NO VISIBLE LEAKS . IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF IT'S THE WATER PUMP OR SOMETHING ELSE . CAN IT USE ETHONOL FUEL . CHEERS

HI , I BOUGHT THE 2.4 AUTO TARAGO GLI 4 WEEKS AGO AND THE TEMPERATURE WAS SITTING ABOUT 1/2 WAY WITH THE AIRCON ON . EVERTHING WAS FINE UNTIL THE OTHER DAY . THE COOLANT WAS SPITTING OUT OF THE RESEVOIR AND THE TEMPERATURE WAS ON THE RED . I TOP IT UP AND IT WAS FINE .THEN I TRAVELLED ABOUT 300 K'S AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN . THERE ARE NO VISIBLE LEAKS . IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF IT'S THE WATER PUMP OR SOMETHING ELSE . CAN IT USE ETHONOL FUEL . CHEERS

Hi CityDodger,

Check the cap on the coolant bottle.If it is worn out this can be causing the temperature to rise,you will have to replace it.Otherwise,a radiator servicing comprises a complete draining of the system and use of a good coolant.

I don't think that the 1995 model is compatible to the E10 fuel.Check your manual you'll get the confirmation

Good luck

Hey Dodger,

If u want to do a light inspection yourself before goin to the workshops,use this as a check list:

Tha radiator is a 'hangin type' so this would apply a lil pressure on the cooling system components like hoses stretching,radiator outlets/inlets cracking & maybe the odd bump mightve cracked the tanks.Check for any puddles or weeps around that area also check the transmission intercooler for any leaks a well.

Check the reservoir tank as well because its a header tank ,it endures hight temps & maintaining the correct pressures it is bound to crack,& the cracks are sometimes so fine you wont see them till its at operating at a specific temp.

This inspection would be the primary stage as the next stage would be a Cooling system pressure test & thermostat replacement.

Just a note as well,Please be sure you do not mix coolants together as this in some cases I've witnessed chemical reacts & becomes acidic.Bad news for the newer alloy engines..remember even if the coolants the same colour it doesnt mean its compatible.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

Hi CityDodger,

Check the cap on the coolant bottle.If it is worn out this can be causing the temperature to rise,you will have to replace it.Otherwise,a radiator servicing comprises a complete draining of the system and use of a good coolant.

I don't think that the 1995 model is compatible to the E10 fuel.Check your manual you'll get the confirmation

Good luck

Hey mate yeah the tarago does take E10 FUEL i use it all the time