removing a programed remote of a 1999 camry

scottyg

i want to disable the factory wireless control so i can put in a much more reliable remote control system in,and un program the remotes so nobody accidently uses them,so how do i un program them from the system programming them is easy ,but how do you do this?

i want to disable the factory wireless control so i can put in a much more reliable remote control system in,and un program the remotes so nobody accidently uses them,so how do i un program them from the system programming them is easy ,but how do you do this?

im sure if you take your car to a place to have an aftermarket alarm system professionally fitted, they would be able to override the oem system, but only so that it overrides the immobiliser/alarm. they would probably still work for the door locking actuators in the central locking

• 4 weeks later...

im sure if you take your car to a place to have an aftermarket alarm system professionally fitted, they would be able to override the oem system, but only so that it overrides the immobiliser/alarm. they would probably still work for the door locking actuators in the central locking

Hi mate, where can you find afermarket remote? Coz i just bought new remote from Southside Toyota, it was working well in 1st month, afterward, it is mulfunction. I am thinking it is out of battery as they may store it for ages.

Hi mate, where can you find afermarket remote? Coz i just bought new remote from Southside Toyota, it was working well in 1st month, afterward, it is mulfunction. I am thinking it is out of battery as they may store it for ages.

Also, my remote is for 99' 2.2 model, and i can not find a seam to open & replace battery, does anyone know how to work it out?

Edited by jbjb