hi im new!

Hi guys, i use to own r32 GTR! but i just got rid of it last week.

I have bought a new silver 2003 sportivo corolla yesterday and im loving it!. Petrol so far is great compare to my GTR.

I got a little issues about my new sportivo, everytime i change gears i hit the clutch down it revs a bit before i change to the next gear. Why does it do that, is it normal?. One more issue when the car is idleing i can hear a zzzzz sound.

Please help me out on this issues!

Much appreciated guys

Thanks Tam:)

Hey! And welcome! :D

Sportivo's are great cars! You'll really enjoy it!

I won't be able to help you at with your small problems... but someone certainly will!

When you change gears... are you taking your foot off the accelerator? :P

Anyways... enjoy your stay! B)

Hi guys, i use to own r32 GTR! but i just got rid of it last week.

I have bought a new silver 2003 sportivo corolla yesterday and im loving it!. Petrol so far is great compare to my GTR.

I got a little issues about my new sportivo, everytime i change gears i hit the clutch down it revs a bit before i change to the next gear. Why does it do that, is it normal?. One more issue when the car is idleing i can hear a zzzzz sound.

Please help me out on this issues!

Much appreciated guys

Thanks Tam:)

not to sure what the zzzz sound is but the revs thing when u change gear is normal. happens to my car aswell.

welcome to the club. Big step down in power from a GTR to a sportivo, but then again, very fun car to drive. The stivo is already a noisy car, be more specific where the ZZZZ noise is comming from? from the motor? interior panel?

Anyways im sure some1 will help and hope you enjoy your stay.

Yes GTR is one of the powerful car i ever driven but again sportivo are perfect for road driving.. i love the revs.

GTR waste of petrol for road use, i dont really go to drag or track so whats the point having the gtr, when the gtr have problems expensive to fix is a money pit, thats why i prefer sportivo. mix of sport and luxury.

Thanks for welcoming me, atm i am a very happy man with my new ride (sportivo).

Welcome mate, ull love it here.

Yeh my car does the same rev thing, when clutching in the revs rise like 1-200 rpm, somewhere near there (only really noticed it when i first got the car., ull forget about it soon enough)........i think its cause the car doesnt really want to stop........................its telling you to giv it some thrashin.lol

haha thanks guys, i will post my silver stivo up tommorow. Its pretty much stock like a rock, i dont think i ever do any mods at all not even a pod filter. I experience so much about gtr already, so i dont really wanna turn back to those modifys.

More power= more petrol as u can see im worry about petrol LOL!! 550km per tank IM HAPPY WITH THAT!

GTR= 300km per tank $120 for 4days use.

Modify a Sportivo with the right parts and you will get better economy than stock. Known fact. My old car with CAI, headers and catback used to easily get 550km plus on a tank of fuel with the majority of it being used in city peak hour traffic. Open road or highway running it was easy to get anything from 650 up depending on how you are driving. Even belting it hard always hitting lift you can still get 500 plus to a tank of fuel.

Modify a Sportivo with the right parts and you will get better economy than stock. Known fact. My old car with CAI, headers and catback used to easily get 550km plus on a tank of fuel with the majority of it being used in city peak hour traffic. Open road or highway running it was easy to get anything from 650 up depending on how you are driving. Even belting it hard always hitting lift you can still get 500 plus to a tank of fuel.

x2

I'd say this is true. I used to get between 450-500 before I got my CAI, Headers and Cat-back exhaust.

I got 550 the other day, and this is just after I got the parts installed, so I belting it hard... 105% of the time. B)

Hi, im new here too! I know what you mean about petrol, I have had V8's for years and bought a Stivo about 5 weeks ago. I bought it thinking i would not modify, now i definately will be. After past experiences, I agree with what SB and Nate said.

In theory, the mods should pay for them selves in the long run with savings on petrol!

Thats what I will tell the missus anyways. Welcome, I have found this a helpful and friendly place to be. :D

**** yeh, I have done Sydney from canberra and back on one tank of fuel, true story...

Check to see if you got coins in the thing to the right of the ignition, I always get a ZZZZZ noise when I have coins in the *****...

**** yeh, I have done Sydney from canberra and back on one tank of fuel, true story...

Check to see if you got coins in the thing to the right of the ignition, I always get a ZZZZZ noise when I have coins in the *****...

So it is true you know what is the zzzz sound!! what do u mean by coin??