Headers. Exhaust and CAI

her0

Hey, was wondering, if i were to get a stock as rock Corolla Sportivo, how much will it set me back to get Headers, Exhaust and CAI for it? for better economy and performance.

just wanted an idea of how much i $$ to consider when buying a sportivo.

cheers.

Check out the traders section mate as there is all the info you need. here's a link to the Sportivo package of CAI,headers and catback exhaust from CES.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=6695

Check out the traders section mate as there is all the info you need. here's a link to the Sportivo package of CAI,headers and catback exhaust from CES.

From experience how much gain in KW would this package produce ATW?

Also from standard would the exhaust be loud. Like annoying on a free way drive. Does that make sence :huh:

PS: Thanks for the kings, stivo looks and feels great. Lucky it JUST fits down my drive way :)

From experience how much gain in KW would this package produce ATW?

Also from standard would the exhaust be loud. Like annoying on a free way drive. Does that make sence :huh:

PS: Thanks for the kings, stivo looks and feels great. Lucky it JUST fits down my drive way :)

no probs mate. Anytime. Exhaust has a very nice note and doesn't drone or bark and cackle like most. freeway driving you just have a nice note that you can hear but it is in no way obtrusive or loud. My car was driven 85% of the time by my wife and not once did she complain about exhaust noise at all.

Gains vary from car to car with toyota's exceptional build quality(i'm being sarcastic). I've seen gains from 10 to nearly 20kw depending on the car.

My old car with CES headers,catback and a TRD intake made 121kw atw all day long. not only does the peak power increase but the low down torque improves out of sight and the torque hole between 4-6k disappears. Makes the car a lot more pleasurable to drive around town in traffic as you have far better throttle response. PM natedog as he just got the whole CES package fitted to his sportivo.

no probs mate. Anytime. Exhaust has a very nice note and doesn't drone or bark and cackle like most. freeway driving you just have a nice note that you can hear but it is in no way obtrusive or loud. My car was driven 85% of the time by my wife and not once did she complain about exhaust noise at all.

U said that when ur going down the highway, the car doesnt have a high buzzing or humming sound. Is it cause of the way the car has been changed in the engine, or is it just the exhaust system?

Can i do this to my car, and still get away with not being overly noisy??

Or will my car be as loud as natdogs :P

Edited by Evo7

U said that when ur going down the highway, the car doesnt have a high buzzing or humming sound. Is it cause of the way the car has been changed in the engine, or is it just the exhaust system?

Can i do this to my car, and still get away with not being overly noisy??

Or will my car be as loud as natdogs :P

I think what he was referring to was that it's not like cars with cannons on them, where they drone and are very loud.

I can have my car in 6th and 5th gear, and happily cruise along and barely hear the exhaust, unless I put my foot down.

But yes, surprisingly my car can be fairly quiet, but if I decide to put my foot down, look out! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to hijeck but

is there a difference between extractors from different companies ? ie ... i got a 4-2 -1 extractors from hitech mufflers. is there a difference between them and CES or TODA ? i always fort that the difference would be just name and material or durability. is dat true ? and in terms of pods .. . do pods get louder in the engine bay than say cold air intake down at the bumper ? i heard ppl say that if u have pod in the engine bay its louder lol

$2k??? :huh: thats crack prices :P

I have TRD CAI and 2.5" cat back exhaust and I ain't spent a cent more than $900

but he did buy something with "proven" gains..... :P

Plus when he decides to sell his car the CES gear does sell for good $$ second hand. :toast:

as for home handy man with die grinder I can smell disaster or is that someone with a lot of blood pouring out of a gaping wound........