QLD - Meet/Cruise

well just a heads up to all... I went for a Nebo cruise last Saturday night with 2 other mates cars around 9-10pm. So for those who aren't familiar or driven at night on this route please take it easy as one little mistake could mean a total...

There maybe the odd 1 or 2 cars passing... so that's another thing to watch out for too.

But I know we will all behave and drive in a orderly manner... but yes the odd squirt is fun too :D... but yeah you got my drift. But I definitely will be at the back of the pack that's for sure ;) because I don't like being followed :P

Yeah. Cruising Nebo at night sure is fun. It's not a bad drive actually. I was surprised when I first travelled it that the speed limit was mostly 80km/h which is quite thrilling for most people giving the width of the road (though you can usually go higher, I don't condone that behaviour :ph34r:). If you're not familiar with it though just remember; you need to slow down on the parts where one lane is at a different height to others. Not much room for error there.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I for one won't be driving like a crazy person. I'm currently on g/b for 12mths so I can't afford to make any mistakes in that department.

I also LOVE my car and my life... lol So yeah I'll be taking it easy. Those who wish to drive any differently may choose to do so at your own risk and responsibility.

I'm going to be bringing my camera out for the night too so if there happens to be some good lighting and I can take some pics I thought I'd let everyone know now so your aware. ;)

When you are riding on pimp-spec suspension like i am (ie. my springs are VERY) soft, Its pretty hard to go much more than 80kph up nebo anyway....

As nate said, we don't need anyone trying to be a hero and ending up somewhere down the side of the mountain

1. ROL14

2. mickwheelz

3. Evo7

4. TRD Aurion Owner

5. DJKOR

6. 11TWO

7. Silvabullit (maybe)

8. JC (maybe)

9. HDACHE

10. eSEXSIX

oh i c. my quite little celica is not welcome :(

Dont be scared of all the aurions and corollas, i have a celica and im going

Yes, don't worry. I have a TRD Aurion but I seriously drive like a grandpa. As long as it's a Toyota, it's good! Anyway, as everyone said, we should not risk our lives over a few seconds of fun. And on Mt Nebo, once you go off the road, it can be a LOOOOOOOONG way down........

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

1. ROL14

2. mickwheelz

3. Evo7

4. TRD Aurion Owner

5. DJKOR

6. 11TWO

7. Silvabullit (maybe)

8. JC (maybe)

9. HDACHE

10. eSEXSIX

oh i c. my quite little celica is not welcome :(

magyar i remember lookin at your semi slicks at pinelands once and u tellin me that it handled a treat (im the one that was looking for a 7th gen at the time as was asking you about lift timing....ring any bells lol) so why dont u come and show us the goods hahah

Boys I have just driven some mountain roads here in Queenstown that make Nebo look like a mound. I'm talking a 1500ft drop off the side if you get it wrong. Just fanged it down the mountain from Coronet Peak snow fields in a V6 auto Kia Carnival!! Even in that POS it was awesome. Kept getting distracted by the awesome views!! Car handles like crap but put it in manual mode and have some fun LOL

North you would absolutely love these roads. They are friggen awesome!!!!

Boys I have just driven some mountain roads here in Queenstown that make Nebo look like a mound. I'm talking a 1500ft drop off the side if you get it wrong. Just fanged it down the mountain from Coronet Peak snow fields in a V6 auto Kia Carnival!! Even in that POS it was awesome. Kept getting distracted by the awesome views!! Car handles like crap but put it in manual mode and have some fun LOL

North you would absolutely love these roads. They are friggen awesome!!!!

They are awesome, just gotta keep an eye out for black ice and one lane bridges which are everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks to go... ;) Can't wait. I've never driven Nebo beofre so I'm really looking forward to it. Although I'll be taking it somewhat easy. Unless between now and then I do a test run. Otherwise you all might need to wait for me at the top... lol

Unfortunately I am going to have to be like nate and bail on this one.

I have to go back home (*shudder*) for one of my best mates 21st's

Hope you all have a fun and safe cruise