Pod filters

biggame

a pod filter should be put on the end of a cold air intake in order to get cold air into the enige, otherwise it will suc more hot air then the stock setup and reduce the power.... they are more freeflowing too which is always good as it will allow more air in. a diff choice is to get a panel filter which is more free flowing. it will be cheaper as cai(cold air intakes) cost over 300, and it will not suc any hot air as it slots into ur stock air box.

I've purchased a K&N filter replacement. It will go in the original air box using the original air flow meter. By installing some plastic tubing, I'm hoping to direct some cold air into the original box. I will also remove the butterfly valve in the airbox to increase the induction noise. The filter cost $90 at Autobarn. The main advantages would be:

1. Guaranteed cold air with original box

2. Improved filter element that flows more air

3. Washable filter to save money in long run

4. No cutting required (some CAI require cutting)

5. No worries about relocating the air flow meter

I let you know how it "feels" (can't justify dyno for such a minor change) once its all installed.

BTW: there's a Unifilter (Australian made) CAI for a little over $300 - check their website

how long have you had yr Celica? Mine is now 3yrs old

bought mine in late 2001, so bit over 2yrs... :D

what other mods have you done?

i've done a few mini-mods but i'm saving for a wingswest or TRD body kit before i buy a new exhaust... :)

I've only colour coded my original side skirts and added Razo pedals. I've bought the K&N replacement but haven't installed it yet.

I'm currently trying to source some coilovers (Tein SS or something else) from HK too for occasional track days and motokhanas.

Have you ever checked out newcelica.org or everythingcelica.com? The Yankies have heaps of info on the 7th gen Celica. It doesn't seem so popular in Asian countries like Japan and Hong Kong.

yeah, i've been looking at everythingcelica and it's forums for about a year now...

AWESOME site, but more than info i was dying to meet some celica enthusiasts that live in australia,

finally we've got this so can so we can hook up with ppl local and share local info,

it's a shame celica has such a big price tag in australia, if it wasn't as expensive there'd be just as many enthusiests here... and the prices for parts and gear would be lower and there'd be more range

i want the TRD exhaust so so so badly!!!

it's a shame celica has such a big price tag in australia, if it wasn't as expensive there'd be just as many enthusiests here... and the prices for parts and gear would be lower and there'd be more range

Yeh they are pricey, cause im poor i decided to go a bit old school :P got my car for $3500 :D

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...