Tarago Vs Landcruiser

Hey guys, just want a few opionions as im having trouble deciding what car to get.

I need a 8 seater for work and will be looking at spending 20-30k

Ill also use it to tow a small boat (bowrider approx 1500kgs)

If running costs were no object i'd take the landcruiser but alot of people are advising me that it will be a waste of money.

First question is will a tarago be suitable for towing this kind of boat safely? I dont plan on taking it long distances at this stage.

Next one is how bad are the landercruisers (v6) with upkeep. It will all be tax deductable.

It will be driven 6 days a week for work, so i would be putting it on LPG most likely.

Cheers

NO! dont think tarago is the way to go with towing, i dont even think its 4x4. Landcruiser is the way to go, only petrol problems. My old folks own a tarago 2004 model, and dad is egar to swap it for a cruiser. Also the cruiser is off road so you can go bush bashing etc, but according to toyota, the taragos only for luxary?

Edited by akuma

That budget will only allow you to get the 100 Series Landcruiser Straight Six - Great for towing but you need to have your foot flat to the floor to go anywhere and yes, petrol flies out the exhaust...

Have a look around for the 100 Series V8 Cruiser, Little more to spend but they're newer, use less fuel, cost less to service and will end up costing less in the long run...