Radio Security Code - where is it?

Aurion

Hi,

We use to own an 05' camry sportivo but have now sold it. The new owner wants to know where or what the secuirty code is. Does anyeone know where it would be? We bought the car new from a dealership...maybe it's in the service books? I had a look at our service books for our 07' Corolla but I can't find it in there....there are a few codes however under foreign names, eg "Katashiki" or something like that. How many digits is the code usually?

Can anyone help? We have never set or changed the raido code...so obviously it's the one from the factory.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks... :D

If there's no code in the Owner's Manual then this might work as it did for our old AE101 Corolla:

The code will be the last four numbers of the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) which would be found in your registration papers or on one of the plates riveted to the body in the engine bay at the firewall.

That's assuming also that the code is four digits, you'll have to check if it's different. I guess when in doubt, ask the Toyota dealer like we did. :-)

Donn

Hi,

We use to own an 05' camry sportivo but have now sold it. The new owner wants to know where or what the secuirty code is. Does anyeone know where it would be? We bought the car new from a dealership...maybe it's in the service books? I had a look at our service books for our 07' Corolla but I can't find it in there....there are a few codes however under foreign names, eg "Katashiki" or something like that. How many digits is the code usually?

Can anyone help? We have never set or changed the raido code...so obviously it's the one from the factory.

If there's no code in the Owner's Manual then this might work as it did for our old AE101 Corolla:

The code will be the last four numbers of the car's VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) which would be found in your registration papers or on one of the plates riveted to the body in the engine bay at the firewall.

That's assuming also that the code is four digits, you'll have to check if it's different. I guess when in doubt, ask the Toyota dealer like we did. :-)

Donn

Hi,

YUP! 100 percent true!! should be ther!

And if that doesn't work take it to Toyota and they will reset it to default for $40... Had to do it for my Corolla, 2nd Hand and none of the usual suspects worked and ran out of attempts(10 max). Try the VIN though.

And if that doesn't work take it to Toyota and they will reset it to default for $40... Had to do it for my Corolla, 2nd Hand and none of the usual suspects worked and ran out of attempts(10 max). Try the VIN though.

Owner has now found the code! Thanks for the tips guys - that's one to remeber for sure!

Ummm... dunno where you got that idea from, but that's not how it works. Security codes are optional in Fujitsu Ten headunits, i.e. when a dealership delivers a new Toyota, they should advise the customer that they have the option of setting their own unique security code. If the code is forgotten, then it must be decoded by a Toyota service workshop or Fujitsu/Eclipse repairer.

Ummm... dunno where you got that idea from, but that's not how it works. Security codes are optional in Fujitsu Ten headunits, i.e. when a dealership delivers a new Toyota, they should advise the customer that they have the option of setting their own unique security code. If the code is forgotten, then it must be decoded by a Toyota service workshop or Fujitsu/Eclipse repairer.

How come thats what toyota told me and it worked..?? :o

Maybe some dealers put a code in as standard to add that extra bit of security, which the user can customise later down the track if they want. Kinda like a default password or PIN for a bank account or the like. Not everyone changes the code later-on, which is why it can be worthwhile trying the VIN trick - doesn't work every time, but no harm in trying (as long as you don't try too many times and lock the unit)