camry vienta 95 wagon dash and lock issues

mitchell caines

Hey guys, this is my first post.

I recently purchased a toyota camry 1995 V6 vienta and have a few minor problems.

Some of the lights on the dash board will not alluminate at night (the air con and fan settings)

just wondering if its easy to replace the bulbs myself.

Also i would like to add remote central locking to the car. It already has central locking, so will it

be expensive to add remote to it?.

Also being an old car it could probably be cleaned out mechanically to run smoother. Its an auto btw.

What could i get a mechanic to do that would enhance the running of the car?

Thanks a lot

The dash lights aren't too bad to replace... Just gotta pull the trims to get to the globes...

In regards to the remote central locking, head to your Toyota dealer, get some new remotes and they should be able to program them for you... I'm pretty sure your car should've come with remote central locking as standard...

For the service, clean or replace the air filter, replace the spark plugs, flush the engine oil, transmission and diff oils and you should notice some improvements...

The dash lights aren't too bad to replace... Just gotta pull the trims to get to the globes...

In regards to the remote central locking, head to your Toyota dealer, get some new remotes and they should be able to program them for you... I'm pretty sure your car should've come with remote central locking as standard...

For the service, clean or replace the air filter, replace the spark plugs, flush the engine oil, transmission and diff oils and you should notice some improvements...

Hi, Mitchell here again.

Sorry to be an idiot, but i today found its not a 95 model, it's a 93 model.

How would i go about getting remote locking for this.

Thanks

provided its a widebody camry they all have a transponder located on the righthandside of the glovebox, used for coding remotes-$35 approx for a remote #89780YC0??

Hey, thanks for the fast reply.

In my glove box it seems i do have a space for a receiver, but nothing is in it.

It seems that the previous owner has taken it out for some stupid reason.

Where can i pick up a receiver for the glove box?

Thanks in advance, have a great day

Hey guys, this is my first post.

I recently purchased a toyota camry 1995 V6 vienta and have a few minor problems.

Some of the lights on the dash board will not alluminate at night (the air con and fan settings)

just wondering if its easy to replace the bulbs myself.

Also i would like to add remote central locking to the car. It already has central locking, so will it

be expensive to add remote to it?.

Also being an old car it could probably be cleaned out mechanically to run smoother. Its an auto btw.

What could i get a mechanic to do that would enhance the running of the car?

Thanks a lot

my first time too, there is a conversion kit available from toyota which needs wiring in on drivers side footwell, it comprises 2 remotes and unit for under dash with full instructions etc. I only recently purchased and fitted one on my 94 model csx, will get part number to-morrow (sat) and pass it on

john

my first time too, there is a conversion kit available from toyota which needs wiring in on drivers side footwell, it comprises 2 remotes and unit for under dash with full instructions etc. I only recently purchased and fitted one on my 94 model csx, will get part number to-morrow (sat) and pass it on

john

further to above post as long as you have factory central locking Toyota has kit 08674-32002-c which provides the 2 remotes etc. they are not the usual black type of remote but a rectangular type which when fitted also makes the indicators flash for lock and unlock and gives you a panic button which makes the horn beep once for every press. mine is a mid 94 model remotes did not become standard until after this, my 1993 holden apollo, which is a gen 3 camry does not even have central locking i am just putting in an after market kit at the moment. talk about basic model, the rear seat doesnt fold down either.

john