PICS OF NEW GRILL ON BEAST

BONDIE

I just put the chrome grill on the beast. Cant see to well its a bit dark. Gonna make a grill for the gap below it this week end using the original grill, if it works i will purchase another chrome grill and cut to fit in gap.

Also getting my fog lights this week hopefully, so it should make my front end look a bit better. Still dont know if im gonna colour code it.

Plus im gonna re-locate the number plate somewhere else.

Pics below:

Edited by BONDIE

Looks wicked mate. It seems to be just fine the way it is without the colour coding. Starting to feel like it is an import from the Middle East though. Not a bad thing, just something completely different for our market. Props for your style.

suits the chrome rim.. hrm.. need more bling bling chrome around the car, then niceee :D

Yeah getting the chorme door handles (not plastic covers, proper ones), and chrome roof rails, and hopefully full that lower gap with another chrome grill to match, obviously chrome around the fog lights comming.

I dont want to over chrome it, just to make it shine in parts around the car when the sunlight hits it. .

suits the chrome rim.. hrm.. need more bling bling chrome around the car, then niceee :D

Yeah getting the chorme door handles (not plastic covers, proper ones), and chrome roof rails, and hopefully full that lower gap with another chrome grill to match, obviously chrome around the fog lights comming.

I dont want to over chrome it, just to make it shine in parts around the car when the sunlight hits it. .

i dont like chrome, but you idea of chrome is just alrite, recon will look really nice and much more vip look~

roof rails? wat u need tat for? nooooooo :(

i dont like chrome, but you idea of chrome is just alrite, recon will look really nice and much more vip look~

roof rails? wat u need tat for? nooooooo :(

There not actual roof rails, they cover the rubber inserts that are in there now, so i will have 2 chrom strips going over my roof, i seen them on a silver car cruising through brissy, they looked pretty stylish.

DO NOT COLOUR CODE!!!

i reckon it looks good without foglights. u aint even allowed to switch em on anyway coz u will get pinged for a large sum and 3 demerits (well here in WA).

very pimp!

relocate the no plate to the passenger side? that would look ok i guess but people only move it there coz it blocks the intercooler.

Edited by Freddo

DO NOT COLOUR CODE!!!

i reckon it looks good without foglights. u aint even allowed to switch em on anyway coz u will get pinged for a large sum and 3 demerits (well here in WA).

bit off topic, but QLD people with fog / driving lights info here

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/...or_Vehicles.pdf

i always thought it was illegal to drive with them on in suburban areas, apparently not....

Sweet grill btw.

i always thought it was illegal to drive with them on in suburban areas, apparently not....

Sweet grill btw.

Good work on finding that. I always though though that there was no regulation on the front facing fog lights but was never able to locate a document to states this. Not that I use them regularly though... they ruin the look of my HID's :lol:

But anyways BONDIE, you definitely need something in the lower openings. Either chrome grill in all spaces, or fog lights plus a chrome grill in middle. Gotta complete the look with a lower lip as well. Hope all goes well with your findings.

Shyt Man...That looks gorgeous..

Looks like we have too much in common Bondie...lol

Wanna add some chromes here and there a bit.. I reckon the Oz's body kit looks just fine as it is, but lack of chrome..

The only difference to urs is that mine's all black.. :huh:

Wonder if chromes suit mine.. <_<

DO NOT COLOUR CODE!!!

Sweet grill btw.

That just pertains to the ADR's of fitment to a vehicle?

it does not state anything about the use of them...

Really? This was from page 2, last paragraph of Issue specifics:

The ADRs do not specify the maximum wattage of bulbs used in fog lamps but are required to be so designed to provide illumination with limited dazzle. There is no restriction in Queensland legislation as to where fog lamps can be used, for example built up areas.

The ADRs do not specify the maximum wattage of bulbs used in fog lamps but are required to be so designed to provide illumination with limited dazzle. There is no restriction in Queensland legislation as to where fog lamps can be used, for example built up areas.

sorry for the hijack BONDIE....

if you read further into the document on the 3rd page, it says "Fog lamps must not be used except in fog or mist or under other atmospheric conditions which restrict visibility."

to me, that means that unless you're driving in those conditions, you can not use your fog lights...

but meh, i very rarely drive without my fog lights on... anything i can do short of keeping my hand on the horn to notify people that i'm around them is good in my books...

on topic...

that chrome grill looks great... you can tell the pictures dont do it any justice... need some snaps of it in full daylight... ;)

but well done... it looks great... :)

my bad.

sounds like its the same as in WA

Cheers boys, thanks for the postive feedback, i think i will leave it as chrome and will pass on the colour code. Mann im getting so many more looks now ive got my grill on it.

Even the misses said the other night when we were walking back from dinner " the car looking real classy" Which in bloke terms for me means "approval for more money for mods". Always good having the misses on the modification band wagon, espicially when there is money to be spent. lol.

============

According to the Transport.Qld site your right, it is not illegal to use fog lamps in built up areas in Queensland, so long as the following conditions are met

Fog lamps must not be used except in fog or mist or under other atmospheric conditions which restrict visibility.

Some Aurions come equipped with low level lamps, as you probably know, these are fog and not spot lights in which case it seems they would only be used infrequently.

Personally I find low and high beam lights on the Aurion to be very adequate, I have only used the fog lights once for a short duration.

It is a pain in the butt when oncoming drivers have their fog or spot lights turned on.

In Victoria, police have been instructed to issue an on-the-spot $175 fine if no fog or similar atmospheric condition isn't present when drivers have fog lights activated.