08 COROLLA LEVIN ZR....""FOR SALE""

juvenile

Rebellion!! haha

The car looks great! but you might want to wipe up that drool on your wheels... yeah sorry about that.. :lol:

It was nice meeting you John :)

Rebellion!! haha

The car looks great! but you might want to wipe up that drool on your wheels... yeah sorry about that.. :lol:

It was nice meeting you John :)

hahaha nice to have met you too Justin, loving the 82, especially the way YOU drive it,

Yes Jeff it's a PEZ ;) spotted it getting fuel on the way home and had to buy it :lol:

Pic of new muffler too

b4996dc4.jpg

i must say it looks much nicer that colour :P

Thanks man, awesome gun metal colour with satin finish..

Drama after drama with rear muffler though, thought it would be an easy fit. Fitted then hung too low, raised it then started melting the rear bar and didn't notice till I looked at it in Melbourne.. Back home and dropped it 5mm and shaved the bar as well, after all that the muffler was resting and constantly knocking on the sway bar . **** so modified the sway bar today and all is well, finally.. I'm loving the staggered tips too ;)

6cfd0478.jpg

Pre modified sway pic

b8d54e5a.jpg

cut out part of your rear bar where the garnish is now and raise it. give me the garnish :P nice work as always John haha

Drama after drama with rear muffler though, thought it would be an easy fit. Fitted then hung too low, raised it then started melting the rear bar and didn't notice till I looked at it in Melbourne.. Back home and dropped it 5mm and shaved the bar as well, after all that the muffler was resting and constantly knocking on the sway bar . **** so modified the sway bar today and all is well, finally.. I'm loving the staggered tips too ;)

I have moved my exhaust to the left by few centimeters to avoid touching the sway bar..i had the knocking sound as well after putting back the sway bar

Few things you have to pay attention..

1. Your ground clearance is now lower than before, really slow in speed humps. the exhaust pipe just before your rear wheel is vulnerable to hitting the speed hump. My car is just enough to go through most speed hump. Your car is lower than mine, so I might suggest you raise your car a bit

2. During reverse parking, make sure your exhaust not touching the kerb, or you end up spending $$ fixing the exhaust again (it happened to me)

Do you mind telling me how much you spend on exhaust and what is the brand?

Edited by ben yip

I have moved my exhaust to the left by few centimeters to avoid touching the sway bar..i had the knocking sound as well after putting back the sway bar

Few things you have to pay attention..

1. Your ground clearance is now lower than before, really slow in speed humps. the exhaust pipe just before your rear wheel is vulnerable to hitting the speed hump. My car is just enough to go through most speed hump. Your car is lower than mine, so I might suggest you raise your car a bit

2. During reverse parking, make sure your exhaust not touching the kerb, or you end up spending $$ fixing the exhaust again (it happened to me)

Do you mind telling me how much you spend on exhaust and what is the brand?

Hey Ben I have no problem with scraping this muffler, it almost sits as high as the factory muffler..

It's a Modellista ZRE152 muffler so being a Toyota item it's perfect. I bought it used for $220 less shipping, brand new it's $700..

It's made to sit with the Modellista rear skirt due to it having staggered tips but even without it sits nicely..

8baab7f3.jpg

One more I stumbled accross... Even though the silly car is in there, and the quality isnt the best, i think its a sweet photo :)

imgp8925.jpg

Edited by 4ABHGE

I'm sorry? What's "raise" the car mean? Don't think this exists in johns dictionary haha :lol:

Maybe think of it as "lowering the road". That way it uses words he's familiar with...

• 3 weeks later...

i'll bring mine over john :lol:

haha cool.. Thanks Jeff ;)

It's all original suspension which makes the ZRE feel like a Lotus in the handling department :lol: