Sads is moving to SYDNEY !

Danthuyer

Lads 'n' Azza

Sads is making the big move to Sydney YAY!!!!!

My partner and I have decided to make a move and take the family to NSW from sunny QLD. Both of us has lined up new jobs and currently organising moves, rentals and all the fun stuff that goes with it.

I have taken up a job with a new company and I will be based at Macquarie Park, whilst the Mrs will be working in the city with the courts.

Unsure of where we are going to be living for the moment. But it looks like Oatley / Mortdale area (eventualy) but not 100% sure yet.

We are keeping our house in Brisbane as we do plan to come back up here later in time, but preferably we would like to end up at the Sunshine Coast.

So I will be down there by the first week of October.

It will be great to catch up with you lads shortly after I settle in :)

Cheers

Sads

Nice one man. My office is based in Macquarie Park but I spend hardly any time there.

Oatley/Mortdale will be alright for the missus going to the city but not much fun for you, have you checked out around Chatswood or Ryde?

awesome, look forward to having you down here Craig :)

We are actually looking in a similar area as I'm working just near Central so can live anywhere that rail transport is close, but the Mrs will hopefully be working at St George Hospital in the new year, so anywhere from Bexley to Mortdale in the inner SW would suit perfectly.

We are actually looking in a similar area as I'm working just near Central so can live anywhere that rail transport is close, but the Mrs will hopefully be working at St George Hospital in the new year, so anywhere from Bexley to Mortdale in the inner SW would suit perfectly.

I didn't know you where working in the city, Dylan. Thought you were still down at the Gong. hehe

Craig. Good luck down there. I always said Sydney is a great place for a holiday but you wouldn't want to live there.

Hopefully you can prove me wrong, work has given up asking me to go down there and now with the kids getting older they would kill me if I told them they had to shift.

Tats - yeh found out im based in mac park but go to bridge street alot and maybe melbourne :( the mrs did mention a place at Ryde but its all up in the air currently

Dylan - yeah im looking forward to coming down you lads will have to take me around to the sights and sounds :)

Trev - thax mate never been a fan of sydney personally, but i must be going crazier in my older years ;) yeah having only a 2 yr old helps with moving around. although we are coming back to sunshine coast eventualy

Looks like i'll need a second car...... anyone got a corolla wagon for sale ? :P

I didn't know you where working in the city, Dylan. Thought you were still down at the Gong. hehe

working at UTS now :)

Tats - yeh found out im based in mac park but go to bridge street alot and maybe melbourne :( the mrs did mention a place at Ryde but its all up in the air currently

Dylan - yeah im looking forward to coming down you lads will have to take me around to the sights and sounds :)

Trev - thax mate never been a fan of sydney personally, but i must be going crazier in my older years ;) yeah having only a 2 yr old helps with moving around. although we are coming back to sunshine coast eventualy

Looks like i'll need a second car...... anyone got a corolla wagon for sale ? :P

Not a wagon but have a nice hatch . Will sell it to you cheap (honestly willing to cut my wrists on the Sportivo) PM me if interested.

Managed to score a nice unit in Oatley so the travel from South to North will be a pain.. but blah IDC

well atleast getting to work is relatively simple ..... just get on king georges rd and keep heading straight ...... that will get u onto roberts rd with more straight action onto homebush bay drive and keep driving gets u onto lane cove rd then u chuck a left into macquarie park ..... but yes u r right its gonna b a bit of a pain in the peak hour traffic in both directions ..... on a good run i'd say that trip should take u no more than 30 mins however expect a nice 1hr-1.5hr ride during peak ...... welcome 2 sydney ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

peeps - I need some local knowledge here. I need the local help on driving to work and which best way to get from A to B

A - Oatley

B - Macquaire Park

Google maps says : (going through CBD)

Driving directions to 1 Talavera Rd, Macquarie Park NSW 2113

42.8 km – about 48 mins

Oatley NSW 2223

4. Turn right at Hurstville Rd 0.7 km

5. Continue on Hillcrest Ave Go through 2 roundabouts 1.1 km

6. Turn left at King Georges Rd 3.7 km

7. Turn right onto the ramp to S Western Motorway 14 m

8. Keep left at the fork to continue toward S Western Motorway and merge onto S Western Motorway 9.4 km

9. Merge onto General Holmes Dr 1.8 km

10. Slight left at Eastern Distributor Partial toll road 10.0 km

11. Continue on Cahill Expy 0.8 km

12. Continue on Sydney Harbour Tunnel 2.4 km

13. Merge onto Warringah Fwy 4.4 km

14. Continue on Gore Hill Fwy 1.0 km

15. Continue on Lane Cove Tunnel Partial toll road 4.0 km

16. Slight right at Epping Rd 1.8 km

17. Take the ramp to Lane Cove Rd 0.4 km

18. Turn right at Lane Cove Rd 0.8 km

19. Turn right at Talavera Rd 0.1 km

Now from looking @ google maps I can go Roberts road , lane cove road etc around to the west of the city...... this this true or is more of a carpark ?

Cheers

Sydney noob Sads

Following King Georges Rd all the way north will take you directly to Macquarie Park :) Morning peak will be a nightmare around the M4 interchange and Rhodes, then again at Epping Rd. But I doubt that M5 -> Eastern Dist -> Harbour Tunnel -> Lane Cove Tunnel will be quicker. You might be travelling faster on average but it's a huge detour.

Try both ways and see what works for you. In my experience it takes an hour to get from Ashfield to Talavera Rd going up King Georges Rd/Lane Cove Rd, or an hour from Southern Cross Drive to Talavera Rd via the toll roads/tunnels. Have you got an eTag?

Cheers for the info Tats.

I will hopefully get down there prior to next weekend so I can get to know the roads

E-toll ? will I be on toll roads ? @#$%^! I guess I better go get one :(

It was looking at 1 hour drive each way I guess I better leave the V12 merc at home for this run :angry:

M5, Sydney Harbour Tunnel and Lane Cove Tunnel are all toll roads. If you get on the M5 at King Georges Rd you'll miss that toll, but the rest of the journey wil cost more than $10 a day return.

Give it a shot just running the King Georges Rd/Lane Cove Rd gauntlet and see how long it takes you, maybe you could leave earlier and it won't be as painful?

I would personally go King Georges etc. You are probably looking at about an 1hr 30mins or so. Thats how long it takes for my brother to get to work (although i live near liverpool) But the distance from Oatley should be able the same.

M5, Sydney Harbour Tunnel and Lane Cove Tunnel are all toll roads. If you get on the M5 at King Georges Rd you'll miss that toll, but the rest of the journey wil cost more than $10 a day return.

Give it a shot just running the King Georges Rd/Lane Cove Rd gauntlet and see how long it takes you, maybe you could leave earlier and it won't be as painful?

Looks like the business will be incuring a e-toll expence claim every month .. hehehe

• 3 weeks later...

I'M HERE!!!!

Arrived on Saturday with a nice drive down the east coast.

My furniture arrived last night and I am slowly unpacking.

The drive to work has not been too bad (although still in school holidays) The only bad thing is that Danella comes with me to work to go to day care and she has been car sick 2 / 2 times so far. So I have to try to work out a way for her not to get sick. Or else I change to a daycare centre on the south side.

Once I am moved in and have everything sorted I wouldnt mind trying to catch up with some of you all.

Cheers

Sads