¥uri's ZZE `Rolla Sedan

¥uri

ZZECorollaSedan.png

Modifications:

Intake: TRD Panel Filter

Brakes: DBA T2 Slotted Rotors + Bendix GCT pads + Goodridge braided brake lines

Suspension: Cusco Zero 2's + Cusco front strut brace + Whiteline Rear Sway Bar (powdercoated fire engine red)

Wheels/Tyres: 17inch XXR 530 Chromium Black +35 with Falken FK452 215/40//17

I.C.E: MP3 CD player, front 6.75" component splits, rear 6" 3way speakers, 12inch sub

Exterior: C-One front grille, JDM tail lights

Misc: Midnite Express 35% tinted windows, Webasto Hollandia 700 moonroof, LED reverse + interior lights + console mod

4350K H7, 4350K HB4, Smoked clear indicators, Slim-line weather shields, Carbon Fibre vinyl wrap bonnet + fuel lid

Shelved Plans / Purchased Parts

C-One eyelids

Side Mirror Indicators

Illuminated door sill plates

ZZE Levin Front Lip kit

Thanks for all of your kind comments :wub:

& how many items in your "Future short term Modifications", have you purchased already and not put on yet, lolz...

LoL

the day will come.......its hard, especially when i dont have a garage or car port to fit all of these in.. :P (referring to all unopened boxes of goods)

but yeah, just got minor service out of the way, now rego within a month and hopefully in between i'll get more than half the list ticked off

update;

30k service carried out by Castle Hill Toyota 10/09/2008

Also, a couple new items fitted.. photos to come;
*Cusco front strut bar *TRD Sports panel filter *TRD Radiator cap

edit: photos uploaded (29/09/2008)

TRDPanelFilter.jpg

CuscoStrutBar.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

check out top ten tyres in hoxton park road, they sell used tyres with about 90% - 80% tread, thats where im going for my set of tyres.

Did the panel filter make any sort of induction noise? I want to get that na induction sound with out spending alot of money on a cai as i dont want to spend money on mine! (yes the sound is for pure **** factor :D )

Edited by Cappuccino

hey mate where did u get ur sunroof put in at? N how much was it to get put in? I looked at doin it a while ago but gave up on the thort of it been expensive. Had any probs with it yet to? one of my mates had a hollandia in his impreza n it wouldnt close one day wen it was raining lol.

check out top ten tyres in hoxton park road, they sell used tyres with about 90% - 80% tread, thats where im going for my set of tyres.

Did the panel filter make any sort of induction noise? I want to get that na induction sound with out spending alot of money on a cai as i dont want to spend money on mine! (yes the sound is for pure **** factor :D )

Will, right?

with the TRD panel filter, induction noise increased a little bit but not as much as proper piping and filters would have you.. its just a stop-gap solution before i decide to either install the TRD CAI i already have or go down the SRI path and order an Apexi Power Intake.. which im also hoping to pair with a custom heatshield.. (trying to source one at the moment)

and yeah, thanks heaps for the referral.. Being a 2002 model with very low KMs, the previous owner never changed or rotated the tyres at all.. so ill give these guys a visit very soon.. im hoping for the tyres to last another few months or so.. fingers crossed

Mate good looking list of mods, i cant wait to see when its all done!!

cheers Nick, i cant wait aswell for the plans i have in mind to be in place.. but as the saying goes, better to take it one mod at a time

hey mate where did u get ur sunroof put in at? N how much was it to get put in? I looked at doin it a while ago but gave up on the thort of it been expensive. Had any probs with it yet to? one of my mates had a hollandia in his impreza n it wouldnt close one day wen it was raining lol.

Hey there, the sunroof was fitted by the previous owner when they took delievery from Sydney City Toyota back in '02-'03.. it was fitted by the guys at City Sunroof Center, located at Enfield, if i recall.. coz i rang them about warranty and maintenance and also to see how much it costs to determine the value it adds, and for the price of the car it definitely adds value..

Problems you say? *knocks on wood* i've never had any issues at all.. just got to remember to have the keys in the ignition when you want to close the roof properly.. which means an extra few seconds/minutes to make sure it shuts

hope that helps

Hey there, the sunroof was fitted by the previous owner when they took delievery from Sydney City Toyota back in '02-'03.. it was fitted by the guys at City Sunroof Center, located at Enfield, if i recall.. coz i rang them to see how much it costs to determine the value it adds, and for the price of the car it definitely adds value..

Problems you say? *knocks on wood* i've never had any issues at all.. just got to remember to have the keys in the ignition when you want to close the roof properly.. which means an extra few seconds/minutes to make sure it shuts

hope that helps

i rekon sunroofs add value to many cars especially if they are not common in that range of car...How much did they tell you it would cost to have one put in when you rang them?

• 2 weeks later...

any suggestions or feedback for replacement factory tyres.. treads must be 195/60/55 i think..

so far, calling and driving around places im looking at the following makes (in no particular order)

Pirelli P6

Yokohama C.Drives

Dunlop [same as originals]

Goodyear

Bridgestone

Have you looked into the Michelin Energy XM1+?

I have these on the Camry and they are pretty good tires. I'm looking at getting these for the Corolla too when it's tires are due for changing. ATM, the Corolla's off to the panel beater :(

I would go with the Yoko's Yuro.

Good mix of tread and grip.

Car's coming along nicely.

cheers YUSman!

but yeah, the Yoko's are exactly that.. saw one today, tread pattern sets them apart from the others but so do the cost.. we'll see

I have these on the Camry and they are pretty good tires. I'm looking at getting these for the Corolla too when it's tires are due for changing. ATM, the Corolla's off to the panel beater :(

thanks for the referral KT668, i appreciate it!

but no i haven't seen any Michelins whats so ever.. i have heard and read good things about them but as they would, expensive tyres get better coverage

btw why is your car at a panel beater ?

• 3 weeks later...
I would go with the Yoko's Yuro.

Good mix of tread and grip.

Car's coming along nicely.

cheers YUSman!

but yeah, the Yoko's are exactly that.. saw one today, tread pattern sets them apart from the others but so do the cost.. we'll see

thanks for the referral KT668, i appreciate it!

but no i haven't seen any Michelins whats so ever.. i have heard and read good things about them but as they would, expensive tyres get better coverage

btw why is your car at a panel beater ?

Sorry, such a LATE reply, but the car is at the panel beater because a tree fell on my car the other day @ Burwood.. almost died. :blink::blink:

It SHOULD be back on the road at the end of this week.. if not next week.

Edited by KT668

Sorry, such a LATE reply, but the car is at the panel beater because a tree fell on my car the other day @ Burwood.. almost died. blink.gif blink.gif
It SHOULD be back on the road at the end of this week.. if not next week.

its my bad, i added the last sentence in my edit

• 9 months later...