Whitestivo Introduction

whitestivo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a hotly debated item, but i pulled the lows out of the back of the sportivo and replaced with superlows, and left the front with lows.

At first, it was much head scratching, the car had gone up 22mm in the rear, but over the next few days, the drop recorded

20mm at rear

8mm at front

Pro's

Looks 100% better, lows leave too much air above the guards, and the car sits right now

Handles better IMHO, roll from the tail in corners is dramatically reduced

Nose stayed up so speedbumps aren't too bad

Negatives

More crash and bash in the tail

Harder to get in and out of car for old people like me

I dont' scrub as instead of 215/45/17, i went for less common and harder to find 205/45/17 at 87V. This is smaller overall diameter to stock, and something that I knew improves the acceleration of the car, not to mention who wants chunky sidewalls, and I like spinning the tyres in acceleration, so wider was just not an option

whitestivo

Nice! I think that as well, all the recent corollas ('03+) seem like they have a country pack. Lows will suffice but the rear gap is always considerably larger! <_<

About the smaller tire sizes, Guni was telling me that too but I'll consider that later. Since the speedo will showing higher than what are you're actually doing, do you adjust your speed? Or do just don't care?

Please post up photos soon! :)

Peter.

313, i really like that first one up against my nemesis the colt

Yes, I don't know what toyota is thinking, that ppl will take their corolla's offroad or something, cause they all sit wayyyyyy to high

I've had tyres bigger than stock, and the rpm dropped, which i loved, but it scrubbed and didn't accelerate as well

I've now had smaller than stock twice, the rpm does sit slightly higher, no scrubbing, better acceleration

I find that if my speedo is readin 160kmh, and i'm actually only doing 154kmh, we'll that probably a good thing..hahaha

whitestivo

I've had tyres bigger than stock, and the rpm dropped, which i loved, but it scrubbed and didn't accelerate as well

I've now had smaller than stock twice, the rpm does sit slightly higher, no scrubbing, better acceleration

I find that if my speedo is readin 160kmh, and i'm actually only doing 154kmh, we'll that probably a good thing..hahaha

whitestivo

nice pics mate! and yes the rims suit u real good :ninja::clap: i wanna photoshop ur rims on my car and still what they look like? :lol:

u'll find that because the tires are spinning faster with the smaller diameter tires. therefore it seems that the rpm rev quicker... with that the odo registers more than what you actually traveled.

and yes a 6km/h difference is what makes you loose 10 pts, or your license............. (or both) :P

Car looks great Phil and the wheels suit very nicely. :clap:

i'm liking these photos as we don't get to see many new pics of your ride mate....which is a bit of a shame because it deserves to be shown off every so often. :)

Cheers

Lee

So when i got one of my tyres, they put it on backwards, so i got it put on right, and then Friday night past, as the tyres have slowly deflated since install, wammo, flat on that tyre.

So then i was stuffed, cause the nuts with the new alloys wouldn't work for the spare... i even had racq come out just so that i was right... so i limped home 4km, and now i got get new tyre. Air is leaking between the rim and tyre edge, just one spot at the back, so RACQ guy tells me that they damaged the bead on install and when pressure went down, it let go...

So for now, i'll just look at this photo to remind myself of happier time (twice apparently, god damn it how come i always double post!)

whitestivo

post-6826-128399308083_thumb.jpg

post-6826-128399308311_thumb.jpg

that tyre has only done 600km...

So far verdict on KU31 is 8/10, not the same level of grip in the dry as re001, but wet weather is miles better

whitestivo

plus its about half the cost of a RE001...

True, bang for buck landslide win.

I even got a mate to put them on his rolla with my old alloys, he said to me kumho are sht, why would you get them. So we went for a drive and he realised two things:

1. Don't ever get in a car driven by me challenging any aspect of my mighty stivo

2. Get the ku31's.

whitestivo

So hot mate! Love it! :toast: if only you were down here and give me a ride! When's the next planned track day? Have been told that KU36 are decent cheaper track tyres in summer!

Peter.

I have also heard the KU36 perform very well on the track, but I also read numerous times that in the wet on the street they are suicidal, so i went the KU31. Despite treadwear of 320, i can't believe that's even right, feel similar to Re001. Next track day is when 313 challenges me around the blacktop, i can't get him in a straight line, i'll get him out there.

I looked for months looking for these rims, i went close on a few sets (thanks 313). In the end these came up in Kingaroy (equiv to bendigo in victoria) and i couriered them down ASAP. The owner did not believe me that they'd fit the sportivo, as the rims says 5X100, i had to call GMAX and they told me it was a print mistake on that rim.

I can tell you first hand, dropping 2kg a rim was the best move i ever made. I notice it every time i drive the car, everywhere.

I'll take some pics with the spare on the car and you'll see the difference compared to the new rims. I would have loved +35 but man, they are super hard to find unless you buy some crap off ebay that weighs 9kg a rim, or pay a shedload.

I'm glad you like her. For those that Pm'd me about the plate, 07BEL is close to my wifes name in short.

whitestivo