small flat spot on tyre

black turkey

hey,

I went for a drive today, for those of you who live in darwin (not many) i went to adelaide river and went for a drive down the "scenic drive". jesus ***** thats a dangerous road!!!! its 1.5 lanes wide (for 2 ways) it has hundreds of off camber twisties and crests and what not.

well i was driving around and i was being very cautious of the occasional on comer. on corner i was taking rather quickly and it was a blind corner, out of nowhere a troopy come round the corner at a fairly quick pace. i was always driving on the very edge of my side, and he was kinda towards the middle, anyway when i saw him i panicked and mashed the brakes while pulling to the left, the driver tyre locked hard and i skidded off the road, not far off cos the back of my car was still over the egde of the road.

i sat there for sec noticed i stalled it (he he) and then watched all the white smoke pour past me, then the 4WD driver yelled from his car if i waa okay, i sed yeah and we went on our meryy way. on the drive home (130km/h here and for the sake of the forum i was doing 130 the whole way) i noticed the tyre had flat spottted, not much but it was there.

my question is, the flat spot should disappear after awhile when the rest of the tread catches up right? ill take pics and show how deep it is.

the tyre is a Goodyear Eagle F1 so it will wear into it fairly fast.

so u reckon it would fix itself or should i buy another tyre (i no i dnt have to but i hate the feeling)

post-6498-1221131477_thumb.jpg

post-6498-1221131543_thumb.jpg

post-6498-1221131602_thumb.jpg

post-6498-1221131665_thumb.jpg