Howdy Folks

Eircamae86

Hey everyone,

New guy from Ireland here, hopefully packing my bags soon & heading your direction,

Breaking my heart at the minute as Ive just sold my UK AE86, USDM AE86 Trackday car, JDM AE86 Project car & now the ST185RC has to go to clear my debts & pay for the big move.

Thinking of moving to Brisbane with my partner to see how it goes,

A few questions if I may,,,,

Is it hard/expensive to import from Japan? as I would like to get an AE86 Trackcar & another project AE86 whenever the funds allow, are the home sourced cars expensive?

Are there may locations/tracks for a bit of amateur fun.

Cheers Guys

Edited by Eircamae86

Is it hard/expensive to import from Japan? as I would like to get an AE86 Trackcar & another project AE86 whenever the funds allow, are the home sourced cars expensive?

You're best off talking to a import agent about that one. Not sure if cars that old have different import laws and I'd hate to give out false info.

Are there may locations/tracks for a bit of amateur fun.

There is;

Morgan Park @ Warwick (about 2 hour drive from Brisbane)

Queensland Raceway @ Willowbank (about 1 hour drive from Brisbane)

Lakeside Park @ some place I can't be bothered to look up (about 30 min from Brisbane, depending on where you'll live)

Mt. Cotton Hill climb @ Mt Cotton (as per above)

And a few other hill climbs around the place.

Talking with the import agent you should be able to bring that AE86 touring car into the country. I can't say whether it'll be street legal. But if you only want to track it you'll need a CAMS level 3 licence and prove a few things to the department of transport. Again an import agent will tell you what needs to be done. As for agents off the top of my head there is J-spec.com.au and prestigemotorsport.com.au, there are more to chose from and I can't say whether they are good or bad. They have been around for a while so they must be doing something right.