Statistics of Aurion drivers

apg39

SEX: Male

REASON FOR BUYING: 2008 Aurion ATX 6,000km's & 6mths reg & RWC...$19,000 to good of an offer to pass on.I suppose you could say i fell into Aurion ownership,i woke up one morning drove my Peugeot 306 (Pugzilla) into work and drove the Aurion home that night...funny how some days turn out. :)

P.S One of the best on the spot decisions i've ever made,when it comes to cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

REASON FOR BUYING: My Corolla Sportivo was stolen. I'm a toyota man but Toyota were not offering a Sportivo Corolla anymore. I looked at the Camry range and frowned. So i spoke with the fiance (now wife) and made the call that we wanted a car big enough for the family but still cool and sporty and when the Aurion was burning the same fuel as the Camry and after a bargain with the dealer, the Aurion was soon at home :). Still makes me smile when it shines just after a wash :yahoo:

• 2 years later...

Old thread, but good info.

Sex: Male

Reason for Purchase:

Wasn't really a 'car person' but wanted something respectable and that I wouldn't need to replace for a while. Something that looked decent (with a sporty tinge), would be great on road trips (have done many) and had great power/economy. Was in the market for SV6, XR6, Camry and the Aurion SX6/ZR6. Obviously chose the SX6 and after trying the others it was a clear good choice :)

Age: 36 (35 when purchased 1st aurion last year so I am on 2nd Aurion)

Status: Single but ready for a relationship with a female so any takers out there?

Reason for Purchase:

When I 1st bought the Aurion prior to its write off, it was mainly for both fuel economyand reliability I was after. I purchased a brand new Aurion Touring SE in black just 2 weeks ago because I really missed the power of Aurion. Now I can't take the grin off my face! Even I look forward to driving the car home after work!

Reason for Purchase:

My old Camry was written off due to the Great Melbourne Hail a few years ago and i needed a new car for uni. Could of chosen an old Avalon for around 10k back then but decided that spending double would get new a much better car (Aurion). Bought it then and never regretted buying the car. Better quality, fuel economy and most importantly, more killer wasps ;)

Reason for purchase: Went to Toyota for a look, saw it on the yard and wanted it, was the last 2010 Touring model in stock, got great deal as they had to move it and got heaps of extras thrown in. Just couldn't let her go, my 2003 Camry Sportivo was starting to cost a bit in servicing with things going wrong so seemed right. Was meant to be, I have had 4cyl mostly and 2 v8s but never a 6, V or straight but I am sold on the V6 in this, no wonder the cops use them. Awesome power.

Edited by SATORI893

Reason for purchase:

My parents brought a Presara while I was driving a 95 V6 Camry, so i was already sold on Toyota's. Drove their car and was pleasantly suprised at the power, comfort and equipment level. Started looking around and found a White ATX at a very good price. Had a rear wing, 16" Kappas , and tinted windows. That was 2yrs and about 40000klms ago and would have to say it has been my best car choice so far. I have had V8's that chewed juice (and had less power) and so called locally made luxury cars that were not as comfortable as my "base" model Aurion. Still very happy with Ally the Aurion :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a country hilux ute for a long time, it carried everything and went everywhere and I retired it a few months back and bought an ATX. Love it...Had Holdens, had Fords.....Lets face it Mr.Toyoda made good Looms and even better cars.. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Reasons for buying: I need a respectable looking car for my proffesional image but also wanted power and performance. Te Aurion has all the features I wanted, and is a pleasure to drive. My last car was a 1973 Rover V8 so from my perspective the fuel economy of the Aurion is amazing!!

• 4 months later...

Sex:Male

My reason for buying was to up grade my wife's 1999 pulsar.

It was a great reliable car and was good on fuel, but we needed more room for when we travel up to our Rainbow Beach Holiday House.

So I started looking at Camry's, thinking they were good reliable and roomier.

While searching through a car yard a salesman steered me in the direction of an Aurion and I was hooked.

I didn't end up buying his car, I bought privately and purchased a 2008 Touring 57000ks one owner service history new tires 12 months reg $14900.

My Wife and I are very happy with the car so far.

Reason: Always wanted one since they were released. After i crashed my bike (pretty badly 2 weeks in hospital) and i got my payout the missus said we needed a newer car so started looking. Picked up a 2nd hand SX6 for a good price. I did look at trading for an 86 but after driving i preferred the get up and go of the Aurion (not to mention the room for the kid). So now its a weekend car and its travelling about 5,000kms in 6 months.

REASONS FOR BUYING: At the time I was looking for something fast, and stylish. I'd previously driven a Falcon and had bad experiences with it. My experience with my Hilux taught me that Toyota's are damn near indestructible. Test drove a Touring before finally settling on an SX6. Have never looked back due to the surprisingly good fuel economy and comfort of the car.

I've had a few problems here and there but over all its been a great car. Even made it through a few fender benders without too much damage.

Reasons for buying: Middle of last year my wife was involved in an accident and our 2005 camry altise family bus was written off (thank god wife and kids all ok). This left me looking for a new set of wheels for my wife to take kids to school, do shopping etc. My wife has a bit of a penchant for camry's and after the service we got from the altise I found it hard to argue. I set out to find a car that would not only serve as a family car but also something that dad could have some fun with on the weekend. After driving 5 different camry's I was feeling less than inspired. A local dealership had an aurion at-x, ex sales reps car with dings to the rear driver's side that I could get for a really cheap price ( no prizes guessing why). I took this car for a test drive to another dealership and used it to screw the price down on the white prodigy they had in the yard. I'd previously looked at the prodigy and loved it. Black leather, woodgrain trim, bells and whistles, etc but figured I couldn't afford it. Anyway, long story short, I used the sales rep car as leverage to get the saleswoman to drop the price to a level that I could work with and drove away in the prodigy. I love the car to the point where my wife says I'm obsessive with it but I don't care. Been close to 10 years since I had a car worth spending extra time/money on and I'm enjoying every minute. Glad I didn't buy a camry. ;)

REASONS FOR BUYING: After owning a modified Starlet for 8 years, I felt it was time to move onto something more sensible which is much quietier, roomier and comfortable to drive on long trips. Will be picking up a new Aurion Touring next week.

REASONS FOR BUYING:

Always wanted an Aurion, loved them since the first time I saw one.

My current car started to break down, so I looked around and found the Aurion Prodigy.

Absolutely in love with the Aurion, and it was a well deserved upgrade.