3S-GTE

sketra

Well im thinking of maybe getting the 3s-GTE engine for my seca. In time, not now.. lol but ive been reading up about the turbo and the engine and it sound to be a good setup. What do you guys think about it tho?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm thanks well ive noticed manual ones but no auto's..... and ive see them in the 5k mark......

WTF? Ahh they only came in manual and 5k is hell steep. Either your looking at a worked Gen 3 motor which came out of the ST205's or the people are just ripping you off like no tommorow.

Expect to pay 2k - 2.5k for a Gen 2 3S-GTE but I suggest you take someone, who is very mechanically minded, to inspect the engine/halfcut with you as these engines are very tempermental and I hope that you dont buy a lemon.

Goodluck

wrong section to post in about a corolla LOL...

anyways have you considered or even heard about... 4A-GE 16v, 4A-GE 20v Silvertop, 4A-GE 20v Blacktop, 4A-GZE Supercharged or maybe for economy's sake a 7A-FE :whistling:

im going for my auto's diik weed. I am to clumsy in a manual... i feel more scared in em.. i want my autos first and then ill think about going manual.Dont start an agrument with me.....

im going for my auto's diik weed. I am to clumsy in a manual... i feel more scared in em.. i want my autos first and then ill think about going manual.Dont start an agrument with me.....

Whoa... no need for any name calling, no argument starting here... these cars are great in a manual version... when you start driving manual you'll love it!

^^ WHOA ,POWER TRIP MUCH??!?

Anyhoo i told my missus that the only cars we'll be getting will be manual transmission. I schitt you not but the main reason for this is because just in case of an emergency and the only car available is manual she would be able to drive it.

Think like in scary movies and you see the chicks when they escape the bad guy and they drive a column shifter....

Now imagine if you were in that situation and the only automobile was manual? What could you do then?

I would encourage you to take the time and learn manual but goodluck with it.

BKS didn't know that. So ease up on the cordial darling...

Now on a serious note... If you are scared with a manual then I think the 3S-GTE will be far too much power for you to handle then.

Better idea maybe in your case to save cash and purchase an Aristo, Chaser, or Supra... :)

sorry for snapping, ive been having a very stressfull month.... look i know how to drive a manual, im just not confident in one so....

Only way to get more confident is to drive it....I managed to teach my g/f how to drive manual (at a bearable level) in only a couple of weeks. After that, it comes down more to the individual car than the driver, some people who only drive one manual car their entire life can hope into another one and be completely hopeless, nothing beats practice and varied experience. The clutch + gearbox feel in my 102 is completely different to my AE82 (even though it's the same gearbox), and both are again completely different to my parent's SXV20 Camry and Mazda2.

sorry for snapping, ive been having a very stressfull month.... look i know how to drive a manual, im just not confident in one so....

Only way to get more confident is to drive it....I managed to teach my g/f how to drive manual (at a bearable level) in only a couple of weeks. After that, it comes down more to the individual car than the driver, some people who only drive one manual car their entire life can hope into another one and be completely hopeless, nothing beats practice and varied experience. The clutch + gearbox feel in my 102 is completely different to my AE82 (even though it's the same gearbox), and both are again completely different to my parent's SXV20 Camry and Mazda2.

Yeah i know ive drivin a subrau L series to a hyundai dewoo then to a mitsi lancer.... but i just want my licence asap.. im sick of being stuck at home....

seriously dude ive been reading many posts where you've gone berko @ people and used this excause.. hrmmm maybe you shoudl lay off the forums until your month gets better hey???

Mate - go buy yourself a stupid Ford Laser for $100 with 1 week rego, manual ofcourse. I guarantee if you put a fulltank in that and drive it for a whole day, you'll learn the stick.

Im sure you already know where the gears are, im sure you know how to let go of a clutch, and im pretty sure you DONT know the right time to downshift, so practise with 1 full tank and you'll be cheering! You will be amazed at the things you can accomplish when you really set your mind to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

who cares if his drivin an auto seriously i mean the fastest cars in the world are tecniqually autos so wats the difference if he wats a more powerful corolla auto maybe he also wants to make a bit of a drag car out of it best drag cars are auto and i know a corolla will never be a 6sec rocket but if he has an auto he could do cosistant numbers and with the wright engine trans and suspension package any where from 12-high 9's is achiveable in a front driver

ps go for a 4AGE 20v and turbo it it flows like a 2.0L and the conversion will be much easier then a 3sgte im talking 2 engine mounts front of motor and end of trans only no cuting or bashing required

who cares if his drivin an auto seriously...

Pretty much. It's her choice if she wants to.

I agree to the advice from Silly-Karr though. That's the exact same advice my old man gave to my sister. I was always going to learn manual, so I just had to hear him try and convince her to get an manual licence. Seriously, it is a good skill to have and barely takes any extra to get it. At least you will have a manual licence for when it's needed and you can go and drive an auto all you want.

I learnt to drive manual in a 1985 beat up Suzuki Swift. My Dad's words were "if you can drive this POS, you can drive a newer car easily". Since I got my P's, I've owned an auto Camry and now Aurion. It's just handy to have the skill there if needed.