Fog lights - how are they attached

BONDIE

Hey guys, can any of you tell me, how are your fog lights attached to the inside of the bumper behind the black bezel.

Ive tried to put my fog lights in, and im a bit stumped. So i thought, before i make them fit forcefully :angry:, ill put it out there to see if you guys that have fog lights already might know.

Cheers.

I would assume that even though mine is the Sportivo, the mounting would be exactly the same (on the Sportivo, the lip kit just covers the front portion). I'm not sure what yours would look like at the rear and whether it was made for a direct fit with fog lights. Is it possible that you need a specific bezel? Judging by the fact that mine attach to red coloured plastic, it would seem that the mounting point should be on the bumper itself. And as you can see, it has just one screw locking it tight.

Anyways, for quick reference, I took some photos of the mounting points on the passenger side of mine. I don't know if it would be of any use though. Firstly, excuse the dirtiness back there, and secondly, I couldn't take a photo from further back as space was quite tight in there (and I had to take the photos kind of blindly):

dsc02878vq3.th.jpg dsc02879dr8.th.jpg dsc02885ln9.th.jpg

I would assume that even though mine is the Sportivo, the mounting would be exactly the same (on the Sportivo, the lip kit just covers the front portion). I'm not sure what yours would look like at the rear and whether it was made for a direct fit with fog lights. Is it possible that you need a specific bezel? Judging by the fact that mine attach to red coloured plastic, it would seem that the mounting point should be on the bumper itself. And as you can see, it has just one screw locking it tight.

Anyways, for quick reference, I took some photos of the mounting points on the passenger side of mine. I don't know if it would be of any use though. Firstly, excuse the dirtiness back there, and secondly, I couldn't take a photo from further back as space was quite tight in there (and I had to take the photos kind of blindly):

[

Thanks dude. Thanks for going out of your way and doing that for me. I know exactly what is going on now, mine is the same setup but all one mould on the bumper, still same configuration though. Thats what i get with buying the base model car, and upgrading myself.

Due to my divorce at the time though and having most of my mone tied up, I wasnt willing to pay the extra money for the additional extras a presara has. There was alolt of items on the presara i wasnt going to utilise and was just going to get rid off anyways. Eg alloy wheels, 6 stacker, spoiler.

But now i have to add some items that i do like that come with the presara . But Some items i will just have to live without though, keyless entry, leather interior. Oh well overall once i finish setting my rig up, I still should have saved ****loads, and still have the finshed product i invisioned that wanted as the end product.

I just got my foglights for $100 dollars for a complete set (with wiring and swictch inc del) and $30 for the chrome bezels. That is bloody fantastic compared to Toyota prices, =$700.00 for a complete set, right and left. ( and toyota said i would have been in the thousands if i wanted them to install them.............what a rip). I supose this stops people from buying and upgrading base models, ratther than buying top shelf.

Thanks again mate for the pics, there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

With great difficulty... the fog lights i mean, Installed Driving lights on my ATX about a month ago and pulled apart my mothers car which is a Aurion Touring the way the lights are fixed are with two brackets about 30cm long which anchor to two points back in the engine bay.. Really weird setup and you can't buy the mounting brackets from toyota without the light attached.. I'll take some pics through the day of how i attached my lights to give you an idea and post them up tonight!!!

Edited by mrdau

With great difficulty... the fog lights i mean, Installed Driving lights on my ATX about a month ago and pulled apart my mothers car which is a Aurion Touring the way the lights are fixed are with two brackets about 30cm long which anchor to two points back in the engine bay.. Really weird setup and you can't buy the mounting brackets from toyota without the light attached.. I'll take some pics through the day of how i attached my lights to give you an idea and post them up tonight!!!

Ohhhhhhh man, now you have me worried. Yeah pics would be good

• 3 months later...

Ohhhhhhh man, now you have me worried. Yeah pics would be good

Hi nice work, i fitted some fog lamp i got from ebay there cool angel eye ones the outside lights up with my parkers on, still have'nt fully wired them up as it took me ages to make up some brackets and screw them to the car bumpber. still nice fitmet almost perfect.

post-7020-1230589756_thumb.jpg

Just wondering guys...

I bought a kit off ebay complete with loom, switch etc. however when I go to mount them (they are exactly like DJKOR's) I find a factory loom with terminations that plug directly into the lights. How good is this I thought but on reflection have yet to plug them in as I am not sure that the car would have the necessary relay etc pre-fitted.

I have a 2008 base model Aurion and was wondering if anyone has been able to utilise the fitted loom or have just used the wiring supplied with the kit? If you did use the existing loom did you need to install a switch?

Cheers

Fly

Just wondering guys...

I bought a kit off ebay complete with loom, switch etc. however when I go to mount them (they are exactly like DJKOR's) I find a factory loom with terminations that plug directly into the lights. How good is this I thought but on reflection have yet to plug them in as I am not sure that the car would have the necessary relay etc pre-fitted.

I have a 2008 base model Aurion and was wondering if anyone has been able to utilise the fitted loom or have just used the wiring supplied with the kit? If you did use the existing loom did you need to install a switch?

Cheers

Fly

Well if you have the plugs and harness behind the bumper, why not take advantage of it. That will save you on running cables down there. It you don't have the fog light switch ring on the headlight stork though, you will need to do a bit of DIY to install a relay and switch.

• 3 months later...

Hi dudes how did you get the fog lights to turn on and off, and install the dash fog light. No one has mentioned this so far for the ATX whether they used a switch or Steering wheel stork.

I'm not asking for a guide just want to know if anyone actually got as far as to get a stalk or switch.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by MartysAurion

• 5 months later...