Reverse Beep

Does anyone know how to turn the reversing beep down at all? Like i dont mind it when the music is up higher, but when u dont have the music up that high its just too loud. I asked the dealer and he had no idea

Are you talking about the beeping for the reverse gear selection? This isn't audible to ppl outside the car, only passengers in the cabin. I've seen instructions on how to remove the beeping on the newcelica and ecelica websites

you can just find it and disconnect it...

probably a small piezo speaker or something...

It is easy to find, there's a little grille next to the steering column which lets the sound get out so I'd put money it's just behind that. If you're keen for a quick-n-easy fix, you can just take off that panel and put a couple of layers of masking tape between the grille and the buzzer (we did this to my mate's car where the headlight buzzer was obscenely loud, worked perfectly).

Probably not a good idea to remove it completely, it's the same buzzer that alerts you about leaving the keys in and the lights on, so unless you don't want those either...

- Matthew

I thought I was the only one who found the beep annoying it is good to know other people feel the same way :D .If it just beeped once or twice when you select reverse it would not be to bad but it is very annoying when looking over your shoulder and reversing while trying to concentrate. ;)

Stauff sorry you are wrong the grille beside the sterring column is not for the reversing beeper. This grille is for the Aircon it has a thermostat with a hose hanging off it so the aircon knows the internal temp of the car. The beeper is actually mounted to the back of the instrument assembly (speedo/tacho). You would have to remove this assembly to get to the beeper.

Stauff sorry you are wrong the grille beside the sterring column is not for the reversing beeper. This grille is for the Aircon it has a thermostat with a hose hanging off it so the aircon knows the internal temp of the car. The beeper is actually mounted to the back of the instrument assembly (speedo/tacho). You would have to remove this assembly to get to the beeper.

Ahh righto, I had a closer listen to it last night and it didn't seem like it was coming from there, I guess that's why.

That's way too much effort then :)

just wait till it saves your ***** one day when u flick it into reverse cauz u rush to get it into 1st cauz ur eyes werent on the traffic lights. Lets just say its already saved my *****. At first i didnt think it was possible to shift into reverse when trying to get in 1st as it was really hard on my car initially but now it has loosened up so it can happen :blink:

• 2 months later...