TRD Aurion @ the Govt Auctions (NSW)

Aurion

Wow, there is a TRD Aurion at the NSW Government auctions. No idea which department it has come from, maybe policing (I know the QLD police bought some) Reasonable price too, I think.

Link: http://governmentauctions.com.au/vehicle.aspx?number=2490580

Auction is this coming Tuesday.

On another note, check this out:

http://governmentauctions.com.au/vehicle.aspx?number=2491185

Look at the price and the amout of kilometres it's done!! And where the hell did a government department get that from, it's an import isn't it?

That TRD Aurion is slightly pricey for the number of kms, I think...I paid $37,500 for mine with 18,000 kms, although that is the SL model and is $5k more than the S model when new.

If anyone gets it, I recommend you send it back to a TRD dealer and get them to do a full check and service to make sure everything is in order. They are very reliable and well-built cars, but it pays to be safe. Whoever gets the car will not regret it, I assure you.

mines an ex government car too...picked it up for $23000 with 40k on the clock...and suprisingly the cops that used it kept it in suck good condition...there its hardly a scratch on the outside... the interior is perfect and the seats havent got i bit of wear in them at all.

doesnt say how they treated the engine tho :(

Edited by eSEXSIX

That TRD Aurion is slightly pricey for the number of kms, I think...I paid $37,500 for mine with 18,000 kms, although that is the SL model and is $5k more than the S model when new.

If anyone gets it, I recommend you send it back to a TRD dealer and get them to do a full check and service to make sure everything is in order. They are very reliable and well-built cars, but it pays to be safe. Whoever gets the car will not regret it, I assure you.

You paid $37,500 for a TRD Aurion?

I haven't seen one for less than $40,000. Well done mate. Looks like those cars weren't as popular as Toyota expected. They're having a hard time selling any of the Aurions in WA, they keep changing the prices...

Edited by Stealth

I haven't seen one for less than $40,000. Well done mate. Looks like those cars weren't as popular as Toyota expected. They're having a hard time selling any of the Aurions in WA, they keep changing the prices...

On Greys online auctions, there is one listed for $35,000, 07 model with 18,000km. They are so cheap now. I should of bought one instead of the sportivo.

On another note, check this out:

http://governmentauctions.com.au/vehicle.aspx?number=2491185

Look at the price and the amout of kilometres it's done!! And where the hell did a government department get that from, it's an import isn't it?

F-series trucks were sold here between 2001 and 2006 (remember the ad where the guy pulls the road-train out of the quicksand?), and heaps are imported anyway for fifth-wheelers etc.

It's no big secret that the TRD Aurions are not selling that well. They are so rare to find on the roads. Personally I love the vehicle but I think TRD is finding it hard to market the vehicle. Petrolheads that like performance cars are more likely to stick with RWD HSVs and FPVs, and if you just want an everyday vehicle there are much cheaper base Aurions that you can purchase. I think the vehicle is overpriced. If they have priced it at the same price as the Presara it would be a lot more attractive to people that are thinking of a Liberty GT and Mazda 6 MPS.

Why would anyone buy this vehicle then? I, for one, love Toyota's reputation for reliability. After hearing so many horror stories of Ford's build quality I would not touch them with a yard stick. I wanted a car that not every Tom ***** and Harry drives, and I wanted a car that was quick enough for the occasional fun but not make me the #1 wanted man on the traffic police charts. Also, I did not want to sacrifice the space and luxury of a family car. With those criteria, there wasn't that much in the market to play with.

I am very happy with my car. There are points here and there that would make it better, but nothing is perfect. The car is incredibly fun to drive. I assume that the series 2 TRD Aurion will be out sometime in the future (since the word 'Series One' is imprinted on the build number on the dash), and TRD can count on at least one customer that will buy - ME!! :D

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

• 3 weeks later...

On Greys online auctions, there is one listed for $35,000, 07 model with 18,000km. They are so cheap now. I should of bought one instead of the sportivo.

Well..In terms of value..Yes..

Kind of relieved and sad... Relieved for not buying the TRD... Dropped down by heapz..

Sad for buyin the car too early...Should've bought it these days..

Ah well...I'm pretty happy with my current ones.

Yeah, these auctions are gonna bugger the resale values of all the other Aurions.

Well..In terms of value..Yes..

Kind of relieved and sad... Relieved for not buying the TRD... Dropped down by heapz..

Sad for buyin the car too early...Should've bought it these days..

Ah well...I'm pretty happy with my current ones.

• 3 weeks later...
That my old bosses car, he flogged the Christs out of it.

We work for a University that where it come from!

Purchased 3 weeks ago. TRD dealer and State Roads have given the car the thumbs up. Am happy with the purchase thus far.

Aurion ZR6 - I believe your boss traded in the TRD for a G6E Turbo?