Selling TRD Aurion for only $35,000

rhapsody647

Looking on Greys Online Auctions, are is a 2007 Red TRD Aurion for sale. Price is $35,000. There is also a SX6 sportivo for only $20,500. Selling cheap!!!! They are both ex-police cars. Good for anyone who wants one... http://www.graysonline.com.au/sale.asp?SALE_ID=70340

NOTE: This is a different TRD Aurion that was previously discussed is another topic "TRD Aurion @ the Govt Auctions (NSW)"

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=17530

That one was black, this one is red.

Edited by rhapsody647

Looking on Greys Online Auctions, are is a 2007 Red TRD Aurion for sale. Price is $35,000. There is also a SX6 sportivo for only $20,500. Selling cheap!!!! They are both ex-police cars. Good for anyone who wants one...http://www.graysonline.com.au/sale.asp?SALE_ID=70340

NOTE: This is a different TRD Aurion that was previously discussed is another topic "TRD Aurion @ the Govt Auctions (NSW)"

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=17530

That one was black, this one is red.

The TRD one was has been there for quite some time. I last saw it up on Gray's about a month ago. There is probably a reason why it isn't selling. I was going to check it out when I first saw it, but couldn't be bothered.

:o Aw man thats sooo tempting.

I've got a new job paying 2x as much so I can afford to sell my sx6 and upgrade.....

Gotta be a reason for not selling though. All I can see is scratches, unregistered, no warranty. I'd say it was flogged by highway patrol.

:(

Edited by apg39

i would go for it if i had the money. If you miss it as well there will be a lot more mate me mine is a cop and was saying before june next year the cop's will be phasing out all trd aurion cause the don't like the tourqe steer... So lots of bargains will be up for grab... P.s posting from my phone so sorry it's fragmented

june next year the cop's will be phasing out all trd aurion cause the don't like the tourqe steer... So lots of bargains will be up for grab...

!! I'll be waiting !!

i would go for it if i had the money. If you miss it as well there will be a lot more mate me mine is a cop and was saying before june next year the cop's will be phasing out all trd aurion cause the don't like the tourqe steer... So lots of bargains will be up for grab... P.s posting from my phone so sorry it's fragmented

how sure are your mate? then i will start saving and arrange selling my car.

I wish they had Aurion Police Cars is NSW. I would love to see them on the Roads.

Surprisingly, whenever I see an Aurion around here with cop trim on it, I can't help but stare at it because it is still such a hot looking car. :lol:

was it a primary source, mrdau?

what else do you know?

like are many TRDs we can expect to hit the auctions?

and steer torque or not I imagine they would renew for the 5 star ANCAP anyway

It comes directly from a cop and was backed up by the assistant commissioner of the Gold coast police. I don't know specifics (when, were and how many) but i do know a report was lodged and back stating that the cars had to much tourque steer to be used by police and even though cops loved the cars they decided it would be safer to go to SS or alike. In saying that they will be staggering the change over so don't jump yet. I'll make a few calls over the couple th week and see if i can get any more info.

I drive a VE SS for work

Ultimately id agree that its a faster point to point car then the TRD

the TRD will beat it in a straight line with a rolling start

not by much though

TRD has a smoother power delivery, the auto box is sometimes a bit reluctant to drop gear though

still a better box then the VE though

Both quite fast cars but the SS definately makes a better police chase car

p.s the ss seats are uncomfortable as hell :P

the majority of cops who drive those pursuit cars are morons anyway. the only type of people who complain about the torque steer are the idiots that plant their foot around corners or in the wet. it's funny how many people don't know how to handle a powerful fwd.

the majority of cops who drive those pursuit cars are morons anyway...

news flash news flash...

someone just stated the obvious! LOL :lol:

Cops and moron go hand in hand... :D

Back to topic...!

Well I dont see them complete about the lack of power then they are driving those unmarked Subarus Liberty's

the majority of cops who drive those pursuit cars are morons anyway. the only type of people who complain about the torque steer are the idiots that plant their foot around corners or in the wet. it's funny how many people don't know how to handle a powerful fwd.

Agreed :clap: I was just gobsmacked when he told me about it but as you said if you don't drive a FWD and have half an idea how to accelerate and take corners you won't have any problems... :help:

I agree, the TRD Aurion is not a really a car that you can floor and expect it to go well. Everytime I do that I get a lot of tram-lining and axle tramp. It simply isn't designed for it. Personally I am a reasonably big (FAT) guy so the torque steer is not much of an issue for me. I find the best results when I don't floor the accelerator. Once it has a rolling start, the car is very fast. For a FWD, it corners quite well but don't expect Evo or WRX-style grippiness. The best thing is to bring it to an open road and learn the capabilities and limitation of the machine before trying anything ambitious.

I drive a VE SS for work

Ultimately id agree that its a faster point to point car then the TRD

the TRD will beat it in a straight line with a rolling start

not by much though

TRD has a smoother power delivery, the auto box is sometimes a bit reluctant to drop gear though

still a better box then the VE though

Both quite fast cars but the SS definately makes a better police chase car

p.s the ss seats are uncomfortable as hell :P

last VE SS i raced, i cleaned him from a standing start...

so i dont really agree with you on that point...

but i do agree with your other points...:)

• 4 weeks later...

I think in times of economic uncertainty, it's going to be hard to sell a high performance car when most people are more concerned about keeping money in the bank and just having a "point A to point B" car. I can forsee some hard times ahead for some dealerships, especially since some financial instituitions are starting to withdraw support for car loans.