what should i get?

hey all. i got a 1996 AE102x corolla seca CSX (hatch)

its a 1.8L auto

my cars Exhaust manifold has cracked and i was told i need to replace it urgently. Which should i buy.....another manifold (hard to find) or as recommenced by my mechanic to get an extractor?

whats the difference as well? will the extractor give me a tiny bit of boost?

really appreciate any input that people give :)

hey all. i got a 1996 AE102x corolla seca CSX (hatch)

its a 1.8L auto

my cars Exhaust manifold has cracked and i was told i need to replace it urgently. Which should i buy.....another manifold (hard to find) or as recommenced by my mechanic to get an extractor?

whats the difference as well? will the extractor give me a tiny bit of boost?

really appreciate any input that people give :)

Extractors wont make quite a difference as you need a full exhaust to get the full potential out of them. Although it may give you a lil torque mid range... and may be cheaper or easier to obtain than the standard exhaust manifold.

Possibly cheaper too..

we had they same prob on our 1.8 corolla, if its a small hairline crack and you dont have money to replace the manifold maybe you could get some one to weld it up and should fix your problem for a while,

had that on ours n it was fine till it got written of with 260 000 kms on the clock and had bout 190 000 when the crack occured