Corolla Sportivo.

Huu

Hi guys and girls.

I've been watching these forums for a few days now because on my search for a new car, my head turned and I saw a beautiful corolla. But not any corolla. I firey red, 2005 Corolla Sportivo.

Now i've been a nissan man myself for many years, but changes in my life has caused me to get something more practical.

Needless to say I test drove this car and found it great to drive. However I found the suspension very "rolly", but besides that an all round neat car.

Here is my next dilemma. Since I have NO idea in what these should cost, I thought I would ask you friendly people out for advice on the following:

Is this car worth it.

Corolla Sportivo 2005 model upgraded (whatever that means...)

- Completely stock standard

- Has been an old executive Toyota Car

- has only done 40,000km's and has been serviced by Midpoint Toyota in Adelaide every 10,000km's

- Interior is mint as well as body.

Cost is $21,000 drive away.

Soooo.....is it worth it? Thanks! :)

21k sounds like a fair price for an 05, but bargaining can't hurt.

The suspension can be replaced with koni struts and which ever manufacturer's springs, or buy some good quality coilovers. Not too many people have been happy with the cheaper coilovers (G4, D2, etc) and the strut & spring combination is as good as the quality coilovers and about the same price as cheap coilovers. So no need need to spend the extra unless you are going to adjust them all the time.

Seems pretty much top dollar at $21K. I am trying to sell my 8/2003 with under 60K klm's for $15. I have had no luck todate. This is a very good condition car so I can not see $6k difference for a 2005. The trade I was offered was $11 - 13 but they had to firm it up. Told them to forget it as I would keep it for $11.

The latest GoAuto report said that used car sale forecasts are at their lowest ever in recorded history.

If the seller is in the industry they would have read this report. So I say go hard on the negotiations.

My last ride was a nissan S14. The sportivo is wayyy more practical to put bikes in the back, gardening items, the dog.

It's never going to be a 200, but the stivo is a very capable car, and I've never had anyone spit or scratch intentionally the stivo whilst it was parked, unlike the 200.

For $200, put a rear sway bar on the back, the roll will be dramatically less.

I'm on the fence as to whether the turbo spool up on the 200 (aftermarket exhaust) is better than the sound of the stivo at 7000rpm on lift with a CAI, I think the stivo may actually sound better.

whitestivo

Get the stivo...

I paid top dollar for my 03 with only 24000K's on it...

but it was worth it... the cars been nothing but bliss.

I also was worried about the body roll in the suspension package...

but since i have upgraded with KYB excel Gas Strust and Kings springs...

Also.. look at spending a few hundred on Sway Bar/ Strut Brace combination from Whiteline... makes a huge difference.

Great cars with great looks...

My last ride was a nissan S14. The sportivo is wayyy more practical to put bikes in the back, gardening items, the dog.

It's never going to be a 200, but the stivo is a very capable car, and I've never had anyone spit or scratch intentionally the stivo whilst it was parked, unlike the 200.

I'm on the fence as to whether the turbo spool up on the 200 (aftermarket exhaust) is better than the sound of the stivo at 7000rpm on lift with a CAI, I think the stivo may actually sound better.

whitestivo

i second the rear sway.. i was really skeptical bout the rear sway but its hands down great! :D

@ BKS ::how much did those gas strut set u back?

whitestivo

i second the rear sway.. i was really skeptical bout the rear sway but its hands down great! :D

@ BKS ::how much did those gas strut set u back?

I paid $560 for the set. I installed them with a mate ... cost me a slab of VB.

NOTE : TRD shocks... are the same KYB Excel Gas Struts.

NOTE : TRD shocks... are the same KYB Excel Gas Struts.

Have you had the bump and rebound measured between the two or are you just quoting internet hearsay...?

Yes, most toyota struts are made by KYB but that does not mean the valving etc is the same between "brands"

My experience doing back to back comparison with TRD and KYB Excel G's is that they are not the same.

Hi guys and girls.

First off thanks very much for all the helpful info. Very appreciate it as it helped me make my decision easier.

I drove past it last night and thought, I need to have this car.

Luckily for me, it was still available.

So, deposit is complete, all the negotiations are out of the way (for now) and now just waiting for the bank to come back with my approval (for half....i had half saved)..

Original price was 22880 + onroads

Got it for 21,000 drive away, full tank of gas, floor matts, and GPS nav unit. :D

So the bank needs to hurry up and i'll be driving the little beast!

Well I was meant to pick up the car today....

However after getting all the information I needed from the bank, they then turned around and told me that I needed to have a signed invoice of purchase of the car.

Seriously....what the hell. How can you buy a car and have a signed invoice for the car, before you have the total money??

Anywho after having massive discussion with the bank, it looks like I can finally pick up my Sportivo on Wednesday thanks to the public holiday.

I'll be posting pics the moment I get it :)

Only (now *sigh*) 4 days to go

Edited by Huu

However after getting all the information I needed from the bank, they then turned around and told me that I needed to have a signed invoice of purchase of the car.

Seriously....what the hell. How can you buy a car and have a signed invoice for the car, before you have the total money??

Anywho after having massive discussion with the bank, it looks like I can finally pick up my Sportivo on Wednesday thanks to the public holiday.

The bank will usually require something along these lines if they are taking security over the car mate, its par for the course, only thing is, they don't really take into account the fact that although a dealer has no worries faxing them an invoice, a private buyer may not be so keen to do so without seeing their cash first.

Bet you $50 its worth the wait . . . . . your gonna love it. B)

The bank will usually require something along these lines if they are taking security over the car mate, its par for the course, only thing is, they don't really take into account the fact that although a dealer has no worries faxing them an invoice, a private buyer may not be so keen to do so without seeing their cash first.

Bet you $50 its worth the wait . . . . . your gonna love it. B)

Hey JC,

Yeah I figured it would be a standard procedure. It's just for my instructions from pre-approval didn't mentioned so it just caused confusion. But I'm new at this, been putting off getting into debt with the bank :D

Totally agree though, they need to understand that a private buyer wouldn't be willing to invoice...perhaps it's easier just to suffer the extra two percent of a personal loan to get it done on the spot.

On a slightly off topic note, this forum is fantastic. Has answered and given me examples on this car so quickly and detailed that it's given me some great ideas to upgrade the little beast in the future....I must admit I do like the TRD grill :)

i payed 23k for my 05 Sportivo last year in may and had only 9013km's on it. But ye i went with a bank for a secured loan and they required current Rego papers of the car im buying. Lucky for me, the guy i got it off was the nicest guy to deal with, no hassles, and no regrets.

Cant be happier with this car, but i drove a Turbo Galant with 4G63 and once you feel a boosted turbo, makes you think twice about NA car.

Hi guys and girls.

I've been watching these forums for a few days now because on my search for a new car, my head turned and I saw a beautiful corolla. But not any corolla. I firey red, 2005 Corolla Sportivo.

Now i've been a nissan man myself for many years, but changes in my life has caused me to get something more practical.

Needless to say I test drove this car and found it great to drive. However I found the suspension very "rolly", but besides that an all round neat car.

Here is my next dilemma. Since I have NO idea in what these should cost, I thought I would ask you friendly people out for advice on the following:

Is this car worth it.

- has only done 40,000km's and has been serviced by Midpoint Toyota in Adelaide every 10,000km's

wouldnt pay more than 18-19k for it,

he must be joking when he said 21k

a guy here was selling his 05 model just a few months back for 18k with a bunch of goodies, lucky my friend picked it up :)

Hi guys and girls.

Is this car worth it.

a guy here was selling his 05 model just a few months back for 18k with a bunch of goodies, lucky my friend picked it up :)

Yeh 18k is a much better deal. Maybe my price is a bit too high as I'm buying from a dealer?

Either way I can't wait for this car. Like....I wake up and i'm dissapointed because It's not in my driveway lol.

Yeh 18k is a much better deal. Maybe my price is a bit too high as I'm buying from a dealer?

Either way I can't wait for this car. Like....I wake up and i'm dissapointed because It's not in my driveway lol.

Congrats on your buy mate and yes as everyone has pointed out you wont be dissappointed when you get it in your possesion.

I was like that too but when I got mine I kept on peeking out the curtain just to see the Sportivo sitting there in my driveway.

Also you were saying you dig the TRD Grill? Unfortunatley the model you have purchased is the facelift version which means your front bumper is a one peice item so you cant get the grill. But there are many other visual/aesthetic mods you can do to your ride once you get 'the bite'

Just check out the members ride area to check out some awesome set-ups people are running in their cars

All the best

Luke

Hi guys and girls.

Is this car worth it.

why are you buying from a dealer ? their dodgy to the days imo

stivos arent that great lols u'll be over it in a few months guaranteed

There is too much hassle with private buyers at the moment in Adelaide (well from the ones I've gone to anyways)

Yeh I guess dealers can be dodgy, but if you read fine print and know the tricks that they try and play, you can overcome that and beat them at their own game.

I guess I went through a dealer as this is my first newish car. I was driving a 1985 Aus spec Gazelle before this purchase. I also needed piece of mind because of rapid changes in life and needed something a bit bigger.

I don't think I will get sick of the sportivo. I like the type of car that makes your head turn and for me the Sportivo just happened to be one of those cars. :)

Hi guys and girls.

Is this car worth it.

you ever have something positive to say?? I'd check the bottle of pills you are taking cause they aren't happy pills.....

Congrats on your new buy!! Its been 6 days since this was last discussed, so assuming you have the new sportivo in your driveway now?

I know the feeling of the waiting game Huu ... I too am in the same boat!! I pick mine up from the dealer maybe this arvo, or more so looking like tomorrow arvo.

I think 21k is rather reasonable. Mine is 2005 also and close in km's at 45k, and am picking it up 20k, and is standard all round.