SX ae 92 oil squirters (new member)

Hey Guys and Girls,

I am just only new to this site:)

I have myself a neet little SX Seca that i picked up pretty cheap after a smash. little 4AGE's are a rocket

After a full $$ spent she looks better than new. This is my first "jap" car and iam totally in love!

However, after a few weeks of driving her i began to notice the smoke out the back.

I decided to wait a while as i knew i would have to a rebuild on it anyways. and maybe pop a 20 valve in it

She finally gave up the ghost and we pulled her apart on the weekend. Needs new valve seals, two new valves, new rings, and possibly new pistons (might just chuck some new ones in anyway)

The real reason to this novel of a post was, that my partner and i came across oil squirters, as far as we knew they only came in the 4AGZE? can anyone tell me if this is true or not?

WE are used to working with 8's, straight 6's, v6's and red motors and this is a learning cerve for us ! lol

any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks!

MissSX

Hey Guys and Girls,

The real reason to this novel of a post was, that my partner and i came across oil squirters, as far as we knew they only came in the 4AGZE? can anyone tell me if this is true or not?

WE are used to working with 8's, straight 6's, v6's and red motors and this is a learning cerve for us ! lol

3-rib and 7-rib bigport 4AGEs don't have oil-squirters. Smallport 4AGEs (what AE92/93 SXs have) do

Hey Guys and Girls,

3-rib and 7-rib bigport 4AGEs don't have oil-squirters. Smallport 4AGEs (what AE92/93 SXs have) do

7 rib (red top) ARE the small ports... 100kw engines. they have the Squirters.

3 rib (Blue/Black top) Big ports do not have them.

4AGZE generally from the AW11 MR2, were from the BigPort series.

Quick easy mod to the small port is to drop in a set of cams from the Big Port.... these have a slightly larger lobe and longer duration. Wont do much but shift the power curve around unless you can get some adjustable cam gears to tweak them in.

Also look at advancing the timing a degress BTDC.. makes them come alive in the mid to high RPM where they engine LOVES to be!

Also if you've got the head off.... a quick port match / grind + TRD gasket can improve the compression and you'll get a very spritely feeling engine.

make this your bible

BIll Sherwoods 4AGE modifying guide

Hey Guys and Girls,

7 rib (red top) ARE the small ports... 100kw engines. they have the Squirters.

3 rib (Blue/Black top) Big ports do not have them.

No, there are 3-rib and 7-rib bigports, and then the 7-rib smallports. The 3-rib bigports are the blue-tops, the 7-rib bigports are red/black tops, and the 7-rib smallports are red-tops.

4agesbytalasaszo5.jpg

As an aside the ADM 3-rib bigports that we got in the AE82 weren't the full 96kw, but 86/88 like the 7-rib bigports.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Thanks so much for that guys:)

I have been to that page that "Bill Sherwood" did. its amazing at how much he knows about these cars!

Its a massive help as i am currently learning all about the engines and stuff:)

i am lucky that i have my partner to rebuild it for me, or my little rolla would be sitting to the side:(

Thanks again!