My Aurion with an Electric Cutout

DJKOR

damm nice one DJ look forward to seeing /hearing them also you coming out tonight ?

if so Ill see you there

Nah, I'm in Darwin at the moment... possibly until next Friday. I have placed my order now though so that by the time I get back, I just need to go have them fitted.

I will be doing quite a bit of travelling over the next couple of months or so which means I won't be at many meets like usual. On the other hand, I'm getting a good boost into the mod savings. Time to slowly recover.

Decided to not go ahead with it... Sooo i'm selling it on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/QTP-2-5-Electric-Ex...A1%7C240%3A1318

Damn. It's hard to think that when I got mine, I got the stainless steel pipe with mine as well and I got it for a good price thanks to the 0.99 exchange rate at the time. Good luck with the auction.

In other news, one I get back to Brissy, I'm going to get my cutout... cut out. Why? Because I just bought myself two Varex mufflers.

Oh no! That's more than a full system right there! Still going to get the other bits fixed up with us?

In other news, one I get back to Brissy, I'm going to get my cutout... cut out. Why? Because I just bought myself two Varex mufflers.

Oh no! That's more than a full system right there! Still going to get the other bits fixed up with us?

You know me... I'm pretty stubborn. When I make my own plans, I tend to stick to them. I always wanted Varex, and now that I have the money to spare, I bought them. It may cost a bit, but at the moment my income is coming in pretty strong. I've got more than enough to spend on extras for myself... and that's after putting some aside for savings.

I may put the front exhaust section on hold for a bit longer. I don't think fixing it while my Aurion is N/A will provide any benefits ;). Not that I've got any plans or anything.

I may put the front exhaust section on hold for a bit longer. I don't think fixing it while my Aurion is N/A will provide any benefits ;). Not that I've got any plans or anything.

x2, its the least of my worries at the moment.

Down the track....maybe, but right now I dont have the time, motivation or $ to do it.

Hey - random Q's which I just thought of.

With Varex's running off a remote...and Aurions having 2 mufflers - does that mean we'd have to lug around 2 remotes? or can it be hooked up to work on 1 remote?

And is there any way possible of rigging it up so there's like a rocker switch on the small panel to the right of the steering wheel? (Near electic side mirrors)

And if 2 Aurions are together, both with Varex...can it be controlled on the same remote or are they on different frequencies?

You could just get an exhaust system made that gives you gains, sounds nice and doesn't need an electronic flap to keep the noise legal.

It really is quite a novel idea to do it this way!! Personally with the flap open you make an aurion sound like you are trying to compete with V6 Commonwhore owners who remove mufflers to make "noisepower" and want to noticed for all the wrong reasons.

I would like to see a dyno sheet comparing flap open and closed to see what the "real" difference in power is.

My guess is bugger all if on the negative side......

I'm interested to know how much you got both of them for delivered .....

I got both of the oval Varex mufflers for $700 with free delivery (had it sent up with something else which I didn't have to pay for).

Yeah I know this isn't going to give me more performance or any of that stuff. I don't see too much point in making this car any quicker for the road. I'm just satisfied with the way that my car sounds minus the rear mufflers because the resonator does a really good job. I also can't live with a car that is louder than stock 24/7, even if it's only by a small amount.

I'm interested to know how much you got both of them for delivered .....

I got both of the oval Varex mufflers for $700 with free delivery (had it sent up with something else which I didn't have to pay for).

That's alright since you are getting both :)

I have to admit, I love the sound of em. Now that my ECU has adjusted to it, yummmmmmmmm ................................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: