Darker Taillights

Silver Levin

just tell the panel shop what you want to do and they will know how to do it. it is really easy. normally they use clear coat and put in a few drops of black into it.

just tell the panel shop what you want to do and they will know how to do it. it is really easy.  normally they use clear coat and put in a few drops of black into it.

Yes but do they use the right amount of hardener so that you can polish up the lights later or none at all which can produce swirl/scratch marks ?

I dont know wat they did...

but its done pretty well and clean...it doesnt have any swirls...just a dark and shiny tint on the taillight....they baked it in the car oven.

i didnt really ask coz as long as its done well and to the form i like htats all it matters...

• 1 month later...

A mate of mine has done some tests for me over the past weeks and we have come to the style and finish that we want. I have given him the tail lights and he will be doing them for me tomorrow along with the wing brake light and a few more bits ;)

As soon as I can get the digicam thing happening I will post pics for you all to see :D

oh and btw the clear with a few drops of black in it comes out too dark. When my mate tells me the procedure he uses I will let you all know ;)

Edited by Danthuyer

Well the tail lights are on and damn sexy ;)

MY mate ended up putting a hint of blue mica paint through it and ask wei wei , sportiv, stoprtivo rice or stoopidhead it looks HOT!!!

Exactly what I wanted.

As soon as I can I will post pics (need a digicam for that)

Then if anyone in the brisbane area is interested my mate can do it for you for a few $$$$

ok...took quick pics..

stivo is REALLY DIRTY! so it ain't as shiny as normal.

hope this helps.

i just used a can of "Night Shades" and was liberal.

If you use it according to the instructions, it's very hazzy and dull.

So if you just spray more than enough, it'll gloss over.

:D

post-3-1112762952_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Heyz All,

Is the Typhoon garage still around?? Or where can i get it done?? Panel beaters? Paint places? who can do good job wit no dramas??

I wanna get my tail-lights tinted tooz....but sorta a more maroonish colour.

Thanks B) :)

I"m a Melbournian, Eastsider