New Speakers

Brash

Hey just bought a set of Alpine 609 6x9 speakers and after spending hours trying to make new mdf spacers and brackets for these speakers as the holes dont line up, after i put them in i had no bass, im was running them of a eclipse cd3200 headunit. I dont plan on getting an amp sometime, but i figured it would be a slight upgrade from the factory speakers. Just wondering would it even be worth upgrading my speakers if i dont plan on running an amp?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I woulda have thought the HU would have provided better audio from the stocko HU? The speakers normally don't make much difference to be quite honest, not unless you're amping them anyway.

I ended up using the stocko speaker mounts on my new speakers and pop riveted them onto the speaker... works beautifully. Plenty of bass when I got them, but I was getting the same quality from the stockos... comes down to your HU.

I currently have a sub with the amp... so there's no way I'm going back to "bass" from the speakers!