Suspension for 05 sportivo

JSTCHLN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TEIN Super Wagons that were imported from Japan for Yus and Jimmy are the same part number as the TEIN Super Streets sold by Fulcrum Suspension (wholesaler) in Australia. Just to confirm what Masayuki said. Maybe Fulcrum revalve them but I doubt it.

About 3 years ago Fulcrum quoted me for TEIN SS and it cost nearly the same as buying Cusco Zero 2, and I asked why and they said they re-valved it when it arrived from Japan to suit Australian road so it doesn't wear out prematurely - something TEIN SS is known for.

Of late I have figured out what the best handling modification is.

Steps:

1. Sell Sportivo

2. Buy something like an EK Type R Civic (purpose built)

However, I like my Sportivo, so I opted for a less extreme approach, and just bought Koni Yellow's with Lovells springs. The weigh distribution is awful in the Corolla hatch from a performance perspective, so factor this in when tuning the rebound.

Big shout goes out to Superdave, who has become 'The Data Collector' in my eyes. Cheers for heading to the track so often man (and winning mind you). Your balls are bigger than mine that's for sure.

Steps:

1. Sell Sportivo

However, I like my Sportivo, so I opted for a less extreme approach, and just bought Koni Yellow's with Lovells springs. The weigh distribution is awful in the Corolla hatch from a performance perspective, so factor this in when tuning the rebound.

Big shout goes out to Superdave, who has become 'The Data Collector' in my eyes. Cheers for heading to the track so often man (and winning mind you). Your balls are bigger than mine that's for sure.

Please share the damping settings, here or on owf - :lol:

I agree, having seen some you tube clips of a certain yellow eg civic being driven around wakefield and seeing a few best motoring series featuring the eg civics and they just eat up the twisties so well. It's no surprise that hondas seem to retain their values better than corollas.

About 3 years ago Fulcrum quoted me for TEIN SS and it cost nearly the same as buying Cusco Zero 2, and I asked why and they said they re-valved it when it arrived from Japan to suit Australian road so it doesn't wear out prematurely - something TEIN SS is known for.

I could ring them and ask but just for comparison as to when you asked them, how much was it?

Edit: Found it! But it says conditions apply, hmmmm ................

Part Number: DSY60-91SS3

EDFC Kit: EDKZ1-12120AU

Edited by Guni

Yeh the TEINS are revalved to Australian standards for Australian roads.. was quoted for $2000 installed at OTR last year.

And after being re-valved, can they be matched to Cusco or are we comparing apples and oranges here?

Would still be different because of spring rates.

Also the zero2's are of a monotube construction whereas the TEIN S/S are twin-tube i believe.

Furthermore the TEIN's are more for street applications.

Steps:

1. Sell Sportivo

If superdave is the "data collector" then I must be "google" that the "data collector" consults regularly LOL :lol:

If superdave is the "data collector" then I must be "google" that the "data collector" consults regularly LOL :lol:

I think of it more as Yahoo, more useful for searching even if it takes a little longer to load :P :lol:

yes you do have a good point there my red headed friend :P