What Is Better For A Conquest? :-l

Hi Guys,

I Saw On Another Thread Yuro Was Trying To Sell His CAI Coz It Was Not Suitable For His Conquest Sedan. Instead, Some Ppl Were Saying That An SRI Might Be Better For Conquest. I Am Not Even Sure What Does SRI Stands For Or Even How It Works Or Is It Really The Case...Can Someone Enlighten Us On That Please? :)

Cold Air Intake Discussion

And....from Wiki...on Short Ram Intakes

There is still some open debate on this issue, but some believe that a problem with short ram air intakes is that the air entering the intake is at a higher temperature due to the proximity of the engine, which may reduce some power. This may be partially offset by an increase in the volume of air entering the engine.

To counter intake heat problems, many short ram intakes include some form of heat shield. Moving the intake inlet port further away from the engine block will also help to alleviate the problem and some users use a cold air intake where the inlet air is at or close to ambient temperature.

IS5050P.jpg

And Wiki Again...on Cold Air Intakes

A cold air intake is a device used to bring down the temperature of the air going into a car's internal-combustion engine, to slightly increase engine power

485.jpg

How can you decide?

- Hitch a ride with a car with a SRI, and one with a CAI

- read through member's car blogs and see their opinions about it.

As a rule of thumb:

- SRI = cheaper (50 - 150) = more throttle response, due to shorter piping = Less power gain (up top), due to hot air

- CAI = more expensive (150 - 300) = slight initial lag, due to longer piping. = Greater power gain, due to cooler air

So...to sum it up.

- Each to their own

Edited by RME1

@ TRDYUS: No I Am Not Tired. It Actually Keeps Me Busy And I Am So Used To It Now :-l

Hmmmm....This Is Such A Delicate Decision To Take....If You Were In My Place With A Conquest...Which One Would You Tend To Go For? And Why? Sorry For Asking So Many Questions But I Am Just Trying To Learn From Each Other's Point Of View/Experience/Opinion.

CAI CAI CAI :D im bias :P hahahahha

well if u ask me..its the same sorta in a way.. :P its not like we're runnin a turbo or a supercharger.. or lift :P

so i think SRI or CAI is just for the sake of induction noise :) well i have CAI..the sound of cold start n induction noise makes me a happy person :)

I have a conquest wagon with TRD CAI. Fits fine, not problems. Even though its only small power gain, id rather have it up the ***** end of the revs instead of down low.

Hope that helps ya mate.

SQU47N

That's Weird...I Would Think It Would Be The Other Way Round :-l And SRI Would Kick In At Low Revs? :-s

I have a conquest wagon with TRD CAI. Fits fine, not problems. Even though its only small power gain, id rather have it up the ***** end of the revs instead of down low.

Hope that helps ya mate.

SQU47N

That's Weird...I Would Think It Would Be The Other Way Round :-l And SRI Would Kick In At Low Revs? :-s

if u want SRI..it would be best i reckon to box it up..if not once the engine bay is freakin hot..all it`ll be feedin the engine is freakin hot air.. which im pretty sure isnt that good

id still say CAI :P so bias :rolleyes: xD

i think all u need to do is hear some induction noise :P n u`ll be like I WANT I WANT :D

Hope that helps ya mate.

SQU47N

if u want SRI..it would be best i reckon to box it up..if not once the engine bay is freakin hot..all it`ll be feedin the engine is freakin hot air.. which im pretty sure isnt that good

id still say CAI :P so bias :rolleyes: xD

i think all u need to do is hear some induction noise :P n u`ll be like I WANT I WANT :D

sris have a pretty good induction noise too jeremy

@ TRDYUS: No I Am Not Tired. It Actually Keeps Me Busy And I Am So Used To It Now :-l

Hmmmm....This Is Such A Delicate Decision To Take....If You Were In My Place With A Conquest...Which One Would You Tend To Go For? And Why? Sorry For Asking So Many Questions But I Am Just Trying To Learn From Each Other's Point Of View/Experience/Opinion.

Dude, lay off the shift key . . . . .

RME1's response above pretty much hits the nail on the head.