Corolla zze 122 Keyless entry no go both keyfobs

oliverthepig

Hi everybody,

I have a 2005 Corolla zze 122 sedan, both of the keyless entry keyfobs stopped working last week. I tried replacing the batteries in them one at a time with no success.

The central locking still works ok and the car starts ok.

I tried reprogramming them using the instruction manual supplied with the car, car door open turn the ignition 20 times, I have used this method once before to replace a lost keyfob

which worked ok. However this has not recovered the keyfobs this time.

I cannot locate the door control reciever, from the service manual it is located in the drivers side rear pillar however in my model there is nothing attached to the harness at this point.

The keyfob is elliptical in shape with only one button, the red led lights when I press it,

I would have suspected the keyfob as being faulty but as both stopped working at the same time I am unsure where to start.

Where is the door control reciever located in this model sedan?

thanks everybody in advance

Dave

Edited by oliverthepig

heyy there,

just signed up to the forums and bought your car recently?

my advise would be to take it to your nearest Toyota Service dept. and have them take a look at it.. might cost a bit to replace if needed, but definitely you'd like it sorted out as its a hassle using the key(s) to open the door, i had the same issue when my key's battery went flat too.. :blink:

oh and welcome to tocau! hope you enjoy your stay

yeah take it to toyota if the reprogram proceedure isnt working save yourself some hassle

take it to toyota???? and pay 100 per hour labour cost for a 17yr old mechanic???

no...the door reciever is........

pull out the little compartment under your mirror switch/security LED/ door lock button etc,

look in the hole and up slightly u will see a junction block(white plastic thing with relays and crap stuck in it..

door lock receiver is the black box approx 3 inch square which sits on top of the junction block...

DO U HAVE POWER OR ELEC WINDOWS?? the above location is for WINDING MANUAL WINDOWS.....(which is usually determined by seperate keyfob and not the keys with LOCK/UNLOCK buttons in them (if car has power windows then receiver is inside door)..

Hi everybody,

I have a 2005 Corolla zze 122 sedan, both of the keyless entry keyfobs stopped working last week. I tried replacing the batteries in them one at a time with no success.

The central locking still works ok and the car starts ok.

I tried reprogramming them using the instruction manual supplied with the car, car door open turn the ignition 20 times, I have used this method once before to replace a lost keyfob

which worked ok. However this has not recovered the keyfobs this time.

I cannot locate the door control reciever, from the service manual it is located in the drivers side rear pillar however in my model there is nothing attached to the harness at this point.

The keyfob is elliptical in shape with only one button, the red led lights when I press it,

I would have suspected the keyfob as being faulty but as both stopped working at the same time I am unsure where to start.

Where is the door control reciever located in this model sedan?

thanks everybody in advance

Dave

Hi Dave

You mentioned that both fobs are out of action. Are you aware that there are two fob training techniques depending on if you have an operating fob or no operating fobs?

send me an email to info.ace@iinet.net.au and I will reply with the pdf's on how to do this.

I should also have this info posted on my website later tonight, so if you read this post later just follow this link

http://www.autocompexch.com.au/images/REMO...TE/COROLLA.html

I hope this helps.

Phil

Edited by autocompexch