Changing rims

lucio_libre

I nearly changed my rims the other day but then changed my mind again and decided to keep the stocky ones. As a word of advice if any of you guys decide on going the extra inch the tyre size you need is a 205/45 17 not 205/40 like i was told because the latter is actually smaller in overall diameter than the stock 195/55 16 and fill the wheel guard even less. I wouldnt even bother on a 17, just go straight to 18's and fill those gaps up.

Maybe weight :unsure: ....

Sure you can put 17" to 20" rimz(i think 20s are too big!!!!). but weight can effect the car performance and maybe the car itself. i was thinking of put my mate old 18" Niche Shock alloys (from a 98 Lancer). but i want to make sure the rims will not take away from the cars performance.

thatz my 2cent 4 now

if anyone wants Buddy Club light weight wheels...i can get them.

i've got the catalogue..

it even tells you the rim size (width, diametre) and weight.

4 & 5 stud..and offset.

really good stuff.

=)

just make sure u've got enough clearance to turn into parking spots. I saw a turbo-charged w/ front mount 'cooler Integra Vtir trying to park once - can't remember the wheel size but it was lowered to the ground... Imagine doing a couple of three-point turns each time you park with practically no turning circle

if anyone wants Buddy Club light weight wheels...i can get them.

i've got the catalogue..

it even tells you the rim size (width, diametre) and weight.

4 & 5 stud..and offset.

really good stuff.

=)

out of interest, how much would some 17in 5x100 pcd cost?

out of interest, how much would some 17in 5x100 pcd cost?

I'll have to email the supplier to get a proper quote.

Oh, and the supplier is located in SA, or VIC. One of the states down there. :)

its the diameter of the wheel and trye together that really effect the performance of ur car. weight plays a part but not as big as diameter.

if u got smaller to stock diameter then ur car will accelerate quiker, but wont go as quik, and burn a **** load of fuel. if u got bigger to stock diameter then ur car wont accelerate at all. that why you see so many riced up car with massive chromes that dont go anywer.

wieght would slow you acceleration, but it would only effect your car a little.

Just remember Guys if you change your rims you are in danger of making your insurance void. I would check before you change them, it could be an expensive mistake.

As for me I am leaving the wheels standard, I personally don't mind the wheels that are fitted to the car, I would rather invest in good tyres (not that there is anything wrong with the ones fitted already). Besides after spending lots of money on my car already it is time for a rest. I may unichip the car (powerchip are a waste of time, and screwed me around for months) as I would rather have performance in the future.

Also seriously consider checking the load index of the tyres you are fitting... I think you will find that although you can get 18s to fit the load index of the tyres that are available are not compatible with the Tivo... Having said that, if fit them regardless you will contravene one the ADRs and if you crashed you would be held liable by your insurance company or the law.. Hence the reasons Why I fitted 17s to my car.... 18s were on the shopping list...

Exec6 can you put a tyre on your car that has a greater load rating than the standard tyres?

Bridgstone make the GIII in a 225/40ZR18 that has a load rating of 88(560kg)

The Potenza's only have a load rating of 87.

Would a 225 be too wide for the Stivo?