Reset Springs - Recompressed and the likes ....

Guni

Does anyone know of the quality of reset springs, mostly to a lower height?

What will happen to it in the long run? Sits un-evenly? Damages the shocks? Loses tension and affects ride quality?

Just after what your thoughts are and if anyone has bad experience with reset springs? Good ones?

Thanks.

i'v had mixed feedback about this.. some guys (out side this forum) say that it's better cause you don't lose too much comfort..

but having said that, you won't get as good of performace..

where i got my pedders springs done, the guys there said that most guys who get their springs reset is because they want to go really low or they want to choose exactly how low they want to go, all for looks..

from memory reset springs are a touch cheaper.. but then again $350 for brand new pedders drive in drive away, i wasn't complaining..

in the long run, all lowered springs will damage stock shocks.. but i think that reset springs with say koni yellows, will give you better comfort then kings or pedders.. but i don't know how the springs will change in the long run..

Edited by wil_rolla

Does anyone know of the quality of reset springs, mostly to a lower height?

What will happen to it in the long run? Sits un-evenly? Damages the shocks? Loses tension and affects ride quality?

Just after what your thoughts are and if anyone has bad experience with reset springs? Good ones?

Thanks.

Reset springs are a waste of time as you may get the exact height you want but the thing you alter with reseting the springs is the spring rate itself. It makes them stiffer and therefore the ride will be firmer. Plus in the long run the temper of the springs may suffer due to being reheated and reset and may sag.

...and may sag.

Could always get them scragged.

And yes I know scragging as multiple meanings, but in spring speak this is just a machine that compresses the spring over and over so that it wont sag while on the car. Does all the sag on the machine.

I have never been a fan of reset springs. I'm sure Kings will do a custom drop if you ask??

• 3 weeks later...