exhaust

greg05rolla

hey guys, looking at getting a new exhaust for my corolla. Was thinking something like 2.5" from the cat back. what is a maximum i should be paying for the lot + fitting? i dont want a dodgey job either LOL!

ok well i basically have a catback from a hatch. the axle back is flanged, it is just too short aparently i just need extra piping.. can anyone in syd cut and re-weld it for me? how much?

Edited by greg05rolla

Hey mate, just got mine done on my sportivo

2.5inch mandrel bent

Mild Steel

All flanged so i can bolt the stock back on if need be

Stainless steal xforce dual tip muffler

I paid $620 fitted. Really happy, n real neat job(i had a look under the car)

It comes with 2 yrs warranty with the pipework and 5 yrs with the muffler

sounds sooooooooo goooooooooooodddddddddd :D :D :D

mind you. 2 1/4inch if its a normal rolla

Hey mate, just got mine done on my sportivo

2.5inch mandrel bent

Mild Steel

All flanged so i can bolt the stock back on if need be

Stainless steal xforce dual tip muffler

I paid $620 fitted. Really happy, n real neat job(i had a look under the car)

It comes with 2 yrs warranty with the pipework and 5 yrs with the muffler

sounds sooooooooo goooooooooooodddddddddd :D :D :D

mind you. 2 1/4inch if its a normal rolla

yeh mines a normal one.. so 2 n 1/4 inch, and im guessing the muffler cost around $250, and without the flange how much would you think it would be? just checking because i dont want to walk in there and get taken to the cleaners haha!!

Well when i first went, i got quoted 550 for cat back, (he said same price for 2 1/4inch) and then another 60 for the proper muffler, because originally it was going to be a normal stainless steel muffler with one of those dodgy dual tips welded on.

And then i think he said another 30 for the flanges. But somehow it ended up coming to 620.

I went to 4 different exhaust shops, prices got quoted from $400 to $800, and the majority didnt know **** about the car, even though explaining to them that its the sportivo model n all that stuff. So i ended up going livo exhaust, bloke owns 2, did a good job on the cai and im happy :D

you guys are getting RIPPED!!!

I bought my Stainless Steel 2.5" Catback for $250. Fitted to my Xforce Dual tip VAREX muffler. its cost me all up $700 for a variable exhaust... then headers ported for $200... who needs CES?

Dyno results will come before and after the tune.... not like they mean anything...

I bought my Stainless Steel 2.5" Catback for $250. Fitted to my Xforce Dual tip VAREX muffler. its cost me all up $700 for a variable exhaust... then headers ported for $200... who needs CES?

Dyno results will come before and after the tune.... not like they mean anything...

250 for the catback.. was that fitted aswell? i dont want/need a VAREX lol would be nice but i think it would be a waste on my wagon haha. where do u reccomend to get exhaust done?

250 for the catback.. was that fitted aswell? i dont want/need a VAREX lol would be nice but i think it would be a waste on my wagon haha. where do u reccomend to get exhaust done?

i dont know anywhere in sydney... but it pays (or saves) to make friends with your mechs

i dont know anywhere in sydney... but it pays (or saves) to make friends with your mechs

thanks mate hopefully someone from syd sees this and can point me in the right direction lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

if anyones intersted in brisbane, i can fabricate a full exhaust system (mandrel bent) from my garage at home. fully tig welded using laser cut flanges. vht flame proof coated (matt-black). can fabricate a cat-back with custom hand-made stainless muffler for $650 installed. i dont have any pics of an exhaust i have made, but heres one of the turbokit from my old levin and a hand made muffler. usually can have it done same day no probs!

post-12213-1234667838_thumb.jpg

post-12213-1235564441_thumb.jpg

post-12213-1235564470_thumb.jpg

Edited by actionDAN

where do you get your stainless for your hand made mufflers if you dont mind me asking? im looking for some local suppliers.

Tube or sheet? We get our tube from Supercat Converters (who own our business), and sheet we get laser-cut - I can't quite remember what company it comes through sorry.