Kings or Pedders??

ELEGNT

There is only 2 options at the moment for springs in the Aurions and that is king lows or pedders. the trend with the other owners is to go with the pedders.

Does anyone know what the drop of just the lows would be? and what do they handle/ride like compared to pedders springs.

cheers for the help

I heard some people on the forum argues that pedders = kings and vice versa..

I got a set of pedders myself.. quality wise i dont see it being much better then the kings nor does the king seems better then the pedders but colour wise pedders rulez :D

Kings used to supply Pedders up until about 8 months ago. Pedders now contract someone else to make thier springs.

so what would be the difference now?? i'v had pedders for about 6 months now.. oh and SB could you tell me the spring rates difference?

Man do I have to do everything ??? you could always do some investigation yourself... It's not that hard lol

I have kings somewhere in pile of papers as for Pedders no idea. give them a call and ask.

Man do I have to do everything ??? you could always do some investigation yourself... It's not that hard lol

I'm looking to construct a Hadron Collider. Besides money and manpower, what other componentry, design elements, monitoring software and outright methodology would you recommend? Also how would you arrange particle data? It looks confusing.

I'm looking to construct a Hadron Collider. Besides money and manpower, what other componentry, design elements, monitoring software and outright methodology would you recommend? Also how would you arrange particle data? It looks confusing.

I like to arrange my particle data firstly by size, then by colour.

ive run 3 different sets of king springs over the time ive had my car , the first set were lows that sagged so badly the car sat lower than a set of superlows - the next another set of lows sagged only in the rear and the current superlows are no good at all , the car lives it's life on the bump stops. Im not sure about pedders but my fathers mercedes 190e runs a set and they have served the car wonderfully , although as said earlyer if pedders and king springs are the same i must have just been unlucky. But through this i will not be using king springs in my car again.

IMO, stiffness should happen when the spring is shorter, therefore more bumpy?

i m going for pedder on aurion tomorrow, coz i used king for camry and wanna try the red for once..

see wat happens then..

p/s: the install price on aurion has drop from 1.1k to 700 now..

i m going for pedder on aurion tomorrow, coz i used king for camry and wanna try the red for once..

see wat happens then..

could u post some pickies up when you get it if u dont mind...keen to see wat it sits like :D

Edited by eSEXSIX

see wat happens then..

could u post some pickies up when you get it if u dont mind...keen to see wat it sits like :D

if u wanna lower the car at totally the same height, get coilover, Ksport has it on Camry 07 which will fit, and price around $1.5k not fitted, google it and u will find dealer in perth and sydney.

with springs you wont be able to get same height, unless like what i did, chop a little off, but then u will know wat BUMPY ride really IS. (illegal)

tats why before, i went for king's low for front and super low for back(or the other way round, i forgot). Still there is height difference, but less..

i m trying to find who can get the job done at $650, coz needa save a little for guard rolling..

got a quote from GSA wholesale suspension up here in brisbane and they said $1750 not installed, i know its pretty much the same car but are you sure that they will fit? or how can i find that out? just dont want to spend the money and they dont fit.

cheers

ive run 3 different sets of king springs over the time ive had my car , the first set were lows that sagged so badly the car sat lower than a set of superlows - the next another set of lows sagged only in the rear and the current superlows are no good at all , the car lives it's life on the bump stops. Im not sure about pedders but my fathers mercedes 190e runs a set and they have served the car wonderfully , although as said earlyer if pedders and king springs are the same i must have just been unlucky. But through this i will not be using king springs in my car again.

What car did you have these on?? How old was the car?? How many K's had it done??

springs these days don't sag that bad at all. things like old suspension bushes or shocks that have XXXXXX km's on them are what can cause a car to "sag". all these components cop a bit more of a beating when combined with a lowered spring. Shocks wear out quicker and bushes are now trying to work at different angles then they were meant to and thus they fatigue quicker causing "sag". You should always index suspension bushes on control arms etc etc so that once the lowered spring is fitted the bush can then find it"s happy point to work at instead of trying to work at it's original point of stock height with the car lowered.

As K sport coilovers...... Haven't heard any favouring reports about them at all. too stiff and noisy for one. And that was from someone who was testing a set on a commodore for K sport.

There is only 2 options at the moment for springs in the Aurions and that is king lows or pedders. the trend with the other owners is to go with the pedders.

Wait 6 months or whatever until Lovells or Whiteline bring out a spring and buy those instead?

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Wait 6 months or whatever until Lovells or Whiteline bring out a spring and buy those instead?

lovells have got a spring but noone knows hoe good they are, and ideas? and its still a 30mm drop. thats y im leaning toward coilovers cos i dont think i will be happy with 30mm seing the aurions sit so high and uneven, therefore drop is uneven when you get a set of springs, coilovers will change that. Anyone recomend a brand of coilovers? Tien SS's i was also considering but ive heard mixed opinions on them again

Edited by eSEXSIX