Toyota iQ

1015.jpg

iQ 100G "Leather Package" (2WD FF)

A newly designed platform enables an ultra-efficient package that seats four in a vehicle 2,985mm long by 1,680mm wide by 1,500mm high. The iQ's unique styling creates a sense of sophistication and presence that belies the car's size.

A 1.0-liter engine delivers outstanding cruising and environmental performance, offers fuel efficiency at the highest levels for its displacement, and also meets the new 2015 Japanese fuel efficiency standards under the recently introduced JC08 test cycle. The iQ is highly responsive at low and medium speeds, provides stable cruising performance at high speeds, and has a minimum turning radius of 3.9 meters—one of the shortest in the industry. In addition, a S-VSC (Steering-assisted Vehicle Stability Control) system and a total of nine airbags, including the world's first*2 SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) rear window curtain shield airbag, are standard on all models to provide outstanding safety performance.

The iQ is also planned to go on sale in Europe in early 2009.

*1 "i" stands for "individuality", and expresses "innovation" and "intelligence". "Q" stands for "quality", hints at the vehicle's "cubic" form and is a "cue" to move toward new values and lifestyles.

*2 As of September 2008, according to research by TMC

More info-> Toyota Japan News Release

Length 2,985mm

Width 1,680mm

Height 1,500mm

JDM iQ Page (Minisite is accessed through here)

Toyota iQ by Modellista

Toyota iQ Brochure

Toyota 'iQ' in Good Design Award 2008 Best 15

Toyota iQ Channel on YouTube

JDM Toyota iQ TVCM

Gazoo.com on the Toyota iQ

Photo Impression

I wouldn't mind getting one. It might be available down under in 2010 (Source of Info). Otherwise, I hope someone applies the iQ for SEVS approval.

post-6385-1224947643_thumb.jpg

post-6385-1224947705_thumb.jpg

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Smart car much? :P

Hehe... Probably better than the Smart ForTwo. Okay, it might be a little too small to move flat packed furniture from Ikea and for... *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*, but that's what a rental pick up truck and room is for!

It's soo cute! I'd love an iQ 100 G "Leather Package" wrapped in Yellow vinyl, with a big heart on the roof! :wub:

Edited by ToyotaFreak