sportivo side skirts ftw

wanted to know if the sportivo skirts will fit on non sport models, was going to order some but was told by local dealer they wont fit and will be to big by an inch and half. i think his full of it, but he reckons he's seen it to many times before what u guys think??

isnt the non sports just like the base model or lower model? sportivo is the same car just with a different engine, skirts, lips and extras

thats what im thinking unless facelift is different length and hes ordered pre-facelift for those cars but i doubt it very much. cant see why he would say that unless he was very sure, its not like a dealer to not want u to buy some thing....

LOL @ above!

Yeah, it will fit facelift or prefacelift. No difference in length

I find that alot of the time the guys who work in the parts department, have very limited knowledge about their Toyota vehicles and parts..

E.g. I once called up the parts dept (won't say which one), asked for a quote for a 05 Sportivo front skirt. The guy told me to hold up, and I could hear him in the background asking someone else, "Hey, did the Corolla ever come in a Sportivo??" :blink: .. LOLOL.

LOL @ above!

I find that alot of the time the guys who work in the parts department, have very limited knowledge about their Toyota vehicles and parts..

E.g. I once called up the parts dept (won't say which one), asked for a quote for a 05 Sportivo front skirt. The guy told me to hold up, and I could hear him in the background asking someone else, "Hey, did the Corolla ever come in a Sportivo??" :blink: .. LOLOL.

Get this, bout 2 years ago i was looking for a sportivo and asked the dealer and he had no idea what a sportivo was....he was like dont you mean levin???...if your selling cars shouldnt you no what your selling???....

LOL @ above!

Get this, bout 2 years ago i was looking for a sportivo and asked the dealer and he had no idea what a sportivo was....he was like dont you mean levin???...if your selling cars shouldnt you no what your selling???....

i went to toyota dealer in perth last week and spoke to salesman who swore on his kids life that a corolla levin is the top of the line corolla (talking about 05 models) he said even tho sportivo has better engine, leather, bigger wheels, brakes etc its cheaper than a levin?!?!?!?!?! unfortunatly he has none to sell for tha cheap price haha

Yes, it is true that the LEVIN is the highest non-modified 1zz Engine styled car,

But the sportivo is the highest of the high, and look around, everyone that have a stivo 05 model, you can clearly see how the kit will absolutely fit.

i did it with mine, and it looks tops :D but i have 03, but the only differnce is the front lip, thats it.

So try another dealer, im sure they can track a lip kit for you :D

Evo

LOL @ above!

Same thing happened to me. What can you do but laugh?

LOL @ above!

i was buying a car around that time too, i looked at a stivo because it looked sexier and what not.. leather seat.. body kit.. full electrics..

so i asked the guy.. so whats the diff between this and the ascent? its 6g difference (2nd hand) ... all the guy told me was.. oh nothing much just the leather seat and body kit and alloy rims..

did not mention anything bout the engine..

its really hard also when your trying to trade the car in because most dealers don't know anything about the corolla sportivo so they offer you the same price as normal corolla...

its so frustrating trying to explain that the sportivo isn't just a corolla with a body kit...

its really hard also when your trying to trade the car in because most dealers don't know anything about the corolla sportivo so they offer you the same price as normal corolla...

its so frustrating trying to explain that the sportivo isn't just a corolla with a body kit...

they just pretended they don't know la..... see the price when they selling it?? however, i really don't think adding anything on the car is a good idea if you plan to sell it in the near future, it will never cover your cost... that just from my own experience....

The prices on genuine Toyota parts these days are a SHOCKER!!

But it's good if you know someone who works with them, can help you out.

I agree, some of the people who work there seem to know lil detail when you ask questions.