I hate myself I hate my life. It's over for me.

ToyotaFreak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be thankful you had the chance to fail Curtin. I never had the resources or opportunity to go to uni at all.

You wanna be like other people, then get a regular job. Forget the expectations of other people, especially your family YOU OWE THEM NOTHING. You didn't ask to be born so if you parents don't like what you do with your life they can go **** themselves.

Do what makes you happy and success only comes with some failure too.

You can choose your friends but not your family. Look to your friends in times like these buddy.

Good luck. :toast:

I was kinda in your possition at 1 time last year

my parents wanted me to get into curtin and curtin only >.<

but in the end i chose (well my grades didnt really let me choose any other unis) to go to ECU

ECU in my experience is hell fun

i dont even turn up to classes and no1 cares

you could ask And1 aswell

he would say the same

since your parents are asian afterall

i think ECU would be a hell great chose, as you will still get a ui degree yet at the same time have the tafe experience at uni

p.s i dropped out of 1 unit this year (flunked it badly)

Heads up..

Uni's not the only thing in the world... Got a friend who failed 3 subjects out of 4 and failed 2 out of 4 the next semester... Still, he ended up laughing...Take life easy.. :) It'll be a good and funny memories once u'r old..

That might not be the best, but it's your PERSONAL BEST [Hate to repeat this line from highschooll...zzzzzzz]

Try hard but often not too hard.. Anything that's outta portion is always not good...

so this is like... chronic asian parent syndrome

heres my story =D

ma is asian. im half chinese. i have an older sister. she got a uai of 94 and went to sydney uni. she now works for mirvac.

i was too lazy to work in school. ma nearly made me a boarder to get me to study. i got 64.95. im an apprentice mechanic. i do tafe once a week.

uni ftl!

keepin it real.

i got 28.9 for my enter, played cs during exams times, mum lied to all her friends about how i got into uni. i feel like shes abonded me, and regrets having me. dads all cool with it.

Thing with asian parents is as long as you get a job and can take care of yourself, they will back off and not give a eff.

right now you parents are only mad at you coz they are probably scared you might be useless and live off inheritance, go prove them wrong alister!

I read through the all the experiences & suggestions in this thread and appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

Anyways, here's an update...

I'm actually going for a Strategic Procurement major. Planning to stick with that, but I'll change if I see another alternative in CIC (Yes, I know I'm taking a big risk here. Taking an extension unit in CBS on top of that.). Mentioned about TAFE again, but parents (Especially my dad.) are still having difficulties with me mentioning that (They want me to stay in Uni.).

Spent 2 years in CIC (Including Cert IV & Diploma), which is a little too long I guess.

One thing about a Strategic Procurement major is that I could get a job in Curtin once I graduate.

I checked their handbook last night, and found that Business Statistics 201 (Known as Business Statistics 101 in Curtin International College.) will be dropped next year (Replaced with Managing Change 300). That means one less mathematical unit to do (Accounting 100 would be the other. I was never bright in maths since high school.).

http://handbook.curtin.edu.au/courses/30/300522.html

I went to see the CIC reception today (To ask about the changes next year.), but ended up making an appointment with the deputy academic director (The receptionist was unsure.).

I have deferred, so I wouldn't be back till February next year.

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Al, I'm not kidding here. If you happen to have to do Business Statistics 101 or Accounting 100, any Commerce students here from Curtin can help you. This includes Jeremy and I, and I'm sure we're both more than willing to help :)

Once you understand the content it's actually quite straight forward!!

Looks like I'll have to persuade to them about TAFE. That was what I wanted to do originally (I was going to take a course in Engineering Drafting there.)

Engineering Drafties are a bit like traineeships. First year of study is at a lowish pay, can't say exactly what it is and depends on where you are. Might start at around 20k, I know a draftie who is only a 3rd year and is on 60k. Being in WA they need a lot of engineering staff. Don't be put off by the fact that it is a Tafe course. That was the old method of becoming an engineer. Work the drafting tables initially, then become a designer then become an engineer. Now days designers earn as much as engineers. 12D knowledge is a good piece of software to get money, so the drafties at work tell me. They will obviously start you off learning AutoCAD as everything is handed to the client from that program. Different software like Microstation, MX, 12D and others is what everything is designed in. As far as I am told the drafties are taught some basic engineering, which does give credit towards a degree.

Not sure if that answers a question that wasn't asked.

One thing that helps at uni is knowing your lecturers/tutors, and showing them that you are throwing 110% behind your studies you are struggling at. One subject I turned up to every tutorial class just so I could pass it, and I did. Remember you are paying the lecturers/tutors to help you learn, so annoy them for help when you need it.

But Strategic Procurement seems so different to what an engineer draftie does. I think you need to see your careers counsellor at uni to help you in the right direction.

I didn't learn how to study properly until I think my third year in Uni. I failed 3/6 subjects in my third semester at uni, after that I pushed through more easily. Sometimes we got to take a step back to continue moving forward.

Maybe you are attacking the course in the wrong way, sometimes all it takes is one little push to barge your way through!

I'm an engineer working at a big international company, but I want to open my own little restaurant one day. Life is what you want it to be, not someone else.

Suicide is not the answer dude.

I had to clean up after a 40y/o lady hung herself in a park yesterday morning. It wasnt a pleasant job to do at 6:00am. She may have left a husband, children, perhaps g/children too. I think its selfish to do such a thing. Surely things arent that bad that you cant work things out.

Suicide is not the answer dude.

I had to clean up after a 40y/o lady hung herself in a park yesterday morning. It wasnt a pleasant job to do at 6:00am. She may have left a husband, children, perhaps g/children too. I think its selfish to do such a thing. Surely things arent that bad that you cant work things out.

Very well said... by killing yourself, you wont be going through the pain, your friends and family will. People committing suicide is only for people to attract attention to themselves, thats it!

If you got issues, take drugs. Better than killing yourself.

Tripper that's a little harsh lol

Don't take drugs, you go wayward. Don't want that. You should strive in face of adversity, and come out a stronger person. Study hard, ask for plenty of help. If your lecturers or tutors see you are putting in effort (as people say, hassle them 24/7) they will help you pass bro.

man... asian parents or not.. every family has their own disfunctionalisms man! i do agree to a point that my asian parents came here with 400 in their pockets and knew absolutely nobody when they landed in sydney. they worked their butts off for our family and it only makes sense that they expect us kids to work our asses off too.

i personally went through failure in uni too. i failed several subjects in what was supposed to be my final semester for my undergrad.. TWICE. a 3 year course turned into 5 year stretch at uni. then i did my teaching degree.. which should have taken 3 semesters (many completed it in 2), but i ended up taking 2 whole years coz i repeated a couple subjects in there as well.

how many times did i fail stuff but still you cant stop man! good on you for deferring. take the time off, discuss your assessments and compare notes with your classmates or even discuss your issues with your lecturers/ uni councellor so you can be better prepared when you repeat those subjects next year. prepare for those subjects man! thats the only way you can get through the subjects second time around if you really dont enjoy the topics but you HAVE to pass them.

on a final note (this is in my teacher voice) - DRUGS R BAD HMMKAY?

Edited by J_J

Tripper that's a little harsh lol

Don't take drugs, you go wayward. Don't want that. You should strive in face of adversity, and come out a stronger person. Study hard, ask for plenty of help. If your lecturers or tutors see you are putting in effort (as people say, hassle them 24/7) they will help you pass bro.

Sorry its roid rage. Hahah jokes...

Nah mate I dont want to be known as harsh, its just ive had alot of experience with this sh!t... and even thinking about it is stupid. When people commit suicide, majority do it without anybody knowing... people that do say it, they just want to see who really gives a fuc|<.

Pointless thread if you ask me. Btw, all drugs arent bad, your going through depression right? It will be counted as medicinal use :whistling: