DJKOR's Aurion

DJKOR

very nice upgrade Daryl. So what's next on the menu :)

Three words.

Tein Super Street

Woohoo!!! :yahoo:

COILOVERS FTMFW!!! :P

Go Daryl :lol:

Evo

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG that's awesome! Let me know as soon as you get that done with results! Because if they do as well as I hope. I am getting some haha.

Speaking of awesome, saw a TRD Aurion 3500SL at my dealer today (was getting my rear window looked at and it needs a complete reseal). I got excited at it, only $42,000 too lol. oh well, dreams dreams!

Keep up the upgrades Daryl!

OMG that's awesome! Let me know as soon as you get that done with results! Because if they do as well as I hope. I am getting some haha.

Speaking of awesome, saw a TRD Aurion 3500SL at my dealer today (was getting my rear window looked at and it needs a complete reseal). I got excited at it, only $42,000 too lol. oh well, dreams dreams!

Keep up the upgrades Daryl!

Yeah. I'll definitely post the progress when the time comes. I have my mind set on it. Now I just need to work hard for it. It will cost around USD$1600 and that's not including the pillow mounts for it (just what you see here). Then there is shipping which will cost a fortune.

I'm a little delayed by the fact that I just spent like a bit over $500 on rotors and pads, and now I need new tires, so that's a further $940 taken out of the budget. Not to mention that I had a 60,000km service not too long ago... and the 75,000km service is only a few thousand or so away. It ain't cheap.

Saw this, thought it might interest you. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BC-Adjustable-Coilo...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks mate, but I'm not putting BC Racing brand coilovers on my Aurion. I have my reasons, but I feel that there is a reason why they are cheaper. Definitely does not interest me.

On top of that, Tein coilovers are fully supported by Fulcrum suspension here in Queensland so when I install it and have it all set up and if/when they eventually need rebuilding, I would be confident that they can do it all for me.

All these coilover thoughts are still pending. For the Aurion, there are currently no shock replacements that would provide dampening adjustment. If I was to find something that did though (like Koni Adjustable) then I will be dropping the coilovers and going for a spring/shock combo.

im sure you'll be able to find tein's for less than 1600 USD!!

a mate bought a set for his accord a couple of years ago for $1200 AUD... Delivered...

what about those air ride thingys you told me about? they look awesome!

im sure you'll be able to find tein's for less than 1600 USD!!

a mate bought a set for his accord a couple of years ago for $1200 AUD... Delivered...

what about those air ride thingys you told me about? they look awesome!

I'll keep looking. Can't say I have the money to put down straight away, so I've got some time to seek alternatives as well. The coilovers are because there isn't much else I can do as aftermarket options are limited at the moment.

Those coilovers with the air-bags are the 'Air Force Coilovers'. Good for looks, but I wouldn't trust it on hard driving.

Right now I've got this massive dilemma going on. I'm keeping an eye out for some 2nd hand wheels that are in 17 inch and lighter weight. At the same time though, I have just found a set of 18 inch wheels for a good price, lighter than stock plus are 8 inches wide so I can put tires on them wider than the stock 215mm. Only thing is the cost of tires obviously go up. It's so tempting because the wheels are black with chrome lip. I hate how my mind works.

Daryl go and talk to Fulcrum as they could do customised Koni sports probably for around $1600AUD. That is about what it cost for mine in my old gen4 Camry.

Another place I have found to be good is The Shock Absorber Reconditioners down in Springwood http://www.shockreco.com.au/ . I have had my Koni shocks revalved there. They were quicker and cheaper then getting them done at Fulcrum, as well as good service.

Daryl go and talk to Fulcrum as they could do customised Koni sports probably for around $1600AUD. That is about what it cost for mine in my old gen4 Camry.

Another place I have found to be good is The Shock Absorber Reconditioners down in Springwood http://www.shockreco.com.au/ . I have had my Koni shocks revalved there. They were quicker and cheaper then getting them done at Fulcrum, as well as good service.

Thanks Dave. I'll definitely have a word with both of them. Then I can probably stick with my original plan to pair it with custom Kings. We seem to have some good suspension places here in QLD by the looks of it.

i have a question about your footwell lights,

how did u find the right wire behind the glove box????

im kind of having trouble...

A multi-meter is extremely useful in this scenario. That way you can measure which line gives +12v when the door is open. I never took photos of the process (just something I never think of), so I can't quite point out which wire it was.

Just a small (and lame) teaser to show that the ball actually is rolling. It's not just talk anymore. I can't do this by myself though. I have been extremely lucky enough to have some assistance. Names will be revealed upon completion to save from him from being disturbed:

dsc04222e.jpg

Well, scrap the teaser from a few posts up... for now anyways. There has been a minor hurdle (springs are good to go, shocks not so promising) which has kind of pushed the plans to lower my Aurion back onto the drawing board. In other words, to do it all properly, I would need a set of Aurion strut assemblies, or sacrifice mine which would equate to time spent off the road.

This has in a way though got me thinking about it again. Is it really worth lowering my Aurion? Are the benefits really THAT significant? Considering this car is only going to see a track day once or twice a year, I don't personally think it is necessary to go crazy with it. I do like to do the occasional mountain run, but there is only so much that you can push it and it does alright on stock suspension as it is.

I will be keeping this car for a bit and since it is a daily driver and it does carry people every so often, is it really worth lowering? Half of me wants to go ahead and do so, the other half of me says not to bother. It sure is a satisfying idea to lower it and I'm sure I'll like it if I did it, but I don't know if later down the track I'll still be happy.

daryl

there's a reason why i don't run zero 2's and 35 series rubber on my stivo.

you hit the nail on the head

gav is in the same boat with his stivo, though i have the feeling he wishes he'd gone catback over headers, but hey, i spend 12000 km a year in my car, gav spends 40,000 or something.

whitestivo

Daryl,

I've been thinking the same thing though. I travel over 100km per day for work. Since I've had the car (September/October 2008), I've covered over 30,000km in it and it's not even a year. It's more a daily driver than anything. I can't risk ride quality etc for handling performance on track days etc. It wont see many of them.

I'm sure the money on lowering the car could be used on something that may benefit the Aurion in another way, that doesnt impact on the 'daily driverness' of the car.

daryl

there's a reason why i don't run zero 2's and 35 series rubber on my stivo.

you hit the nail on the head

gav is in the same boat with his stivo, though i have the feeling he wishes he'd gone catback over headers, but hey, i spend 12000 km a year in my car, gav spends 40,000 or something.

whitestivo

I'm happy with my chubby tyres and ported header. I am not sure if I will modify or replace the exhaust yet, as I want the Corolla to be more comfortable given I spend 1.5 hours in it every day. I might have to offload the Eibachs soon due to scrubbing with it being so low on the front with lots of -ve camber. Hmmm...

Gav.

• 2 months later...

Just a minor update on what is going on. It looks like I won't be getting my new suspension until after I go to QR. I went to Toyota today to order the parts and it seems that they have none left and have it on back-order.

Oh well, at least I can get a baseline time to work off when I go to QR.

Also waiting for GSL Rallysports to open up again tomorrow so I can get my new brake pads. Will keep you updated.