sri and cai on P's

is it legal for P platers to have a sri /cai installed on there car?

I think if you have a different intake system (aftermarket), the pod has to be enclosed in a box but everyone pulls sh!t out of there **** these days when it comes to this topic.

So my theory is, its legal if you dont get caught. I doubt they would even want to defect you anyway if your car looks bog stock.

umm to my knowledge, any modification done to a motor while on your P's in NSW is not allowed. By modification, means anything aftermarker, other than things like replacement parts, panel filters, sparkplugs/leads, oils, things like that.

You only have to enclose the pod filter if its in your engine bay and because with a cai the pod is out of the engine bay then you dont have to have it enclosed

I disagree. Like I said in my previous post, people pull sh!t out of there ***** and say the box has to be enclosed. I have been in a situation myself where a friend of mine was driving his car which has an enclosed box with a pod filter in it. The Highway Patrol pulled him over and gave him a defect notice for the box. Some people also get away with it.

This is why I dont believe that it is legal. Like i said, if you have a stock looking car, no pig is going to ask you to lift the bonnet up.

Thats my two cents anyway.

umm to my knowledge, any modification done to a motor while on your P's in NSW is not allowed. By modification, means anything aftermarker, other than things like replacement parts, panel filters, sparkplugs/leads, oils, things like that.

Any engine modification that increases performance isn't allowed, but most CAIs/SRIs don't increase performance anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point. Would probably come down to how ****ty a day the rozzer who pulled you over is having.

That still doesnt stop P-platers from modifying there car.

You only have to enclose the pod filter if its in your engine bay and because with a cai the pod is out of the engine bay then you dont have to have it enclosed

why does it need to be enclosed?

So the gypsies dont get in

why does it need to be enclosed?

So the gypsies dont get in

haha!

lols just when the cops say what is this

you say what ? its stock

plus i doubt their gunna pull over a corolla out of random to check the engine unless your doing something stupid

theyll pull me over when i get my lenso re30, front lip, side skirts, rear body coloured mud guards, spoiler, twin loop exhast, loweerd car, hood scoop and gt racing stripes

you say what ? its stock

plus i doubt their gunna pull over a corolla out of random to check the engine unless your doing something stupid

theyll pull me over when i get my lenso re30, front lip, side skirts, rear body coloured mud guards, spoiler, twin loop exhast, loweerd car, hood scoop and gt racing stripes

HAHA! yeh.. definetly !

i mean.. i think it was JEREMY... who spotted this STOCK mazda 3 with hub caps.... got pulled over by cops and they ask them to pop the hood up! @_@

If you are really worried, take the stock airbox and cut it so that you use it as a cover. With the CAI, make sure the piping isnt too bling. As long as the engine bay looks like it came out of a factory the cops will probably not take a closer look. Although you gotta watch out for the highway cops, they tend to know more about it than the regular guys. All in all though, I wouldnt bother too much about it.

you say what ? its stock

alright buddy calm down, find yourself a job first aye lols

no one is going to pull you over for having a front lip, side skirts, mud guards and racing stripes LOL

racing stripes maybe LOL

gross oh and exhaust haha i think thats why i got pulled over twice in 2 weeks and copped 2 massive fines :( ages back that is LOL and im still trying to pay it off

fkn bankstown cops LOLOL

no one is going to pull you over for having a front lip, side skirts, mud guards and racing stripes LOL

racing stripes maybe LOL

gross oh and exhaust haha i think thats why i got pulled over twice in 2 weeks and copped 2 massive fines :( ages back that is LOL and im still trying to pay it off

fkn bankstown cops LOLOL

lol ashy whats wrong with your exhaust???

Ascendant Justice,

Can you please chiggidy check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

please think before you post...

I'm not the fun police or anything... but if you've noticed yourself getting flamed a bit recently, its because you're talking crap.

no-one in their right mind who enjoys/respects their car, would drive with a "broken" exhaust.

regards.