Springs or Coilovers on Aurion??

JIN

Hi guys.

Maybe this question could be really stupid for you guys but I am really having a headache to upgrade my suspension and I need an advice on it.

I've got Aurion Sportivo 07 running on 235/35/r20 and the wheel offset is +45(same as factory I guess).

Now, I am trying to lower my ride but this is being so hektik because if I drop my car with just changing springs, then the tyres will be scrubing for sure.

I am not going to drop seriously like pimping cars neither I don't want to change my tyres too.

So, firstly, I am thinking to get the coilover suspensions rather than changing springs because of some reasons.

It would cost me alot but after researching on the internet, I found that changing the springs may result in factory suspension failure because of load rating and some other reasons. I know it would not happen in short period time from changing the springs but in case of suspension failure, I wouldn't waste my dollar notes to upgrade the suspension again.

Secondly, tyre scrubbing. I have to change my tyres to avoid getting em scrubbed if I lower it by changing springs.

I really don't want to change my tyres because I like them and if coilovers can resolve this problem.

Additionally, height and damper adjustment sounds really attractive for me cos I ain't drop my ride seriously and still want to improve the cornering perfomance.

If there are any set of springs that lowers a bit without scrubbing, I gladly would go for them but unfortuately, 20" are too big to avoid scrubbing with 35 profile tyres on aurion.

If coilovers can resolve this problem, I would go for them, because in either way 1)I get the springs and new tyres or 2)getting the coilovers, the 2 options would cost me same $$$.

So what do you guys reckon??

Also, I've seen some coilover brands such as tein, blistein, cusco and etc.....but coudn't find any for aurion yet.

I heard most parts on aurion are compatible with camry one but I could find only few of coilovers for camry too. DUH...

I really appriciate for your comments.

When I installed my 20s for the very 1st time, I couldn't remember any scrubbin ever actually occurred..

Until I lowered mine and yes, it scrubbed..

But evry case that i know off with large wheels, changing ur tyre profile is the easiest way and that's what people usually do..

Do trade-ins tyres if u like...

With me...Tyre and springs did the job. Higher tyre profile just doesn't look good on 20s..

I might look on coil overs too in the future...Thou I'm currently happy with mine now..

Edited by VF-X

mate Bondie had the same problem, he had 35 profiles on which scrubed so he traded them in on 30 profile for not much more and problem solved...then u can get some pedders/kings.

but if you find any coil overs please let me know becasue ive been looking for a wile now too and noone has come through with anythin. the camry club of thailand (which are aurions) all use tein super street coil overs. i dont know what the part number for it tho is but im sure if you went to falcrum u could order them. let me know how you go mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for comments guys.

yeah I saw the tein ss set for camry but it's actually for 4cyl one I guess.

I found the TEIN USA web site says coilovers for camry 07 are still in developing and it sounds like I have to give a bit more time on it.

I found another set from K-Sport for camry 2007 but it's for 4cyl one too.

Deng.... :(

I found the TEIN USA web site says coilovers for camry 07 are still in developing and it sounds like I have to give a bit more time on it.

iw as about to get a set of K-Sports for mine and now i only realised they are for the 4cyl's. These obviously wont work will they....are these teins that your talkin about are they for the V6?

iw as about to get a set of K-Sports for mine and now i only realised they are for the 4cyl's. These obviously wont work will they....are these teins that your talkin about are they for the V6?

The Tein one is for 4Cyl one too from my research, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think the set for 4 cyl one works on our aurion because of different spring rate since v6 camry is heavier than 4cyl one I guess.

So yeah...sounds like we have to wait a bit more till v6 one is out.

How much are you guys looking to spend on coilovers??? DMS will make coilovers for them if you can get your hands on a set of standard shocks to send them first. It's generally no more expensive to have a 1 off set made because then they have specs, than it is to order something they've already done because it's all made on order anyway.

How much are you guys looking to spend on coilovers??? DMS will make coilovers for them if you can get your hands on a set of standard shocks to send them first. It's generally no more expensive to have a 1 off set made because then they have specs, than it is to order something they've already done because it's all made on order anyway.

hey mate, im looking to spend upto 2k on coilovers (not installed). any idea on how much DMS charge? do you have to send stock springs or can u get a set of springs say pedders and send them them?

cheers

hey mate, im looking to spend upto 2k on coilovers (not installed). any idea on how much DMS charge? do you have to send stock springs or can u get a set of springs say pedders and send them them?

cheers

Springs aren't an issue, DMS liaise with other spring manufacturers on what spring rate would be required for a certain vehicle, and being a coilover type, standard type springs won't be of help anyhow. Unfortunately though $2k isn't going to buy DMS. Have a quick squiz at http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=18561 and you'll see that DMS starts at about the $3400ish mark. I know it's out of my people's range, but you get way you pay for, and DMS just isn't in the same league as D2/G4/KSport/Tein in terms of both quality, handling AND ride.

cheers

Springs aren't an issue, DMS liaise with other spring manufacturers on what spring rate would be required for a certain vehicle, and being a coilover type, standard type springs won't be of help anyhow. Unfortunately though $2k isn't going to buy DMS. Have a quick squiz at http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=18561 and you'll see that DMS starts at about the $3400ish mark. I know it's out of my people's range, but you get way you pay for, and DMS just isn't in the same league as D2/G4/KSport/Tein in terms of both quality, handling AND ride.

cheers for the help dude....bit out of my price range but ill keep them in mind :)

the other option that is brewing in my head atm is getting pedders coilovers for an 07 camry. seeing the springs that pedders offer for a camry and aurion have the same part No. y dont i just get the coilover fromt he camry? any thoughts?

Edited by eSEXSIX

I am just wondering

Do they have any set of coilover available for camry or Aurion?

I've seen their catalogues on web site before but I couldn't find any products for those two cars.

I wish they have them on special if any available for aurion.:)

The Camry and Aurion are the same body shell right?? What's stopping you fitting Camry-spec coilovers to the Aurion? Most of the coilovers people here buy for the Corolla hatches are made for Corolla wagons in Japan... still fits.

The Camry and Aurion are the same body shell right?? What's stopping you fitting Camry-spec coilovers to the Aurion? Most of the coilovers people here buy for the Corolla hatches are made for Corolla wagons in Japan... still fits.

they only make 4cyl 6th gen camrys here and the spring rate for them is too soft for the v6's

Spring rates can be changed... Most suspension manufacturers give you an option to choose whatever spring rates you want. Spring rates have nothing to do with what engine is in the car or whether that engine is heavier or anything stupid like that, it's more personal preference of how harsh you want the ride to be on the street. On the ZZE Corollas I've seen coilovers with springs rates between 3kg/mm and 10kg/mm.

Spring rates can be changed... Most suspension manufacturers give you an option to choose whatever spring rates you want. Spring rates have nothing to do with what engine is in the car or whether that engine is heavier or anything stupid like that, it's more personal preference of how harsh you want the ride to be on the street. On the ZZE Corollas I've seen coilovers with springs rates between 3kg/mm and 10kg/mm.

oh right, well the ksports that im looking at only offer 1 spring rate for the 07+ Camry and that is 9kg from and 4kg in the rear. 99% of people that have it in there camrys are i4's and i know of 2 people that have them in there V6's.

does that sound alright to run in an aurion? i was just worried seeing they only offer 1 spring rate and most of the popleput in there 4cyl that my car was goin to be to heavy to run them but obviously not?

$1750 not installed...good price?

Edited by eSEXSIX

I am just wondering

Do they have any set of coilover available for camry or Aurion?

I've seen their catalogues on web site before but I couldn't find any products for those two cars.

I wish they have them on special if any available for aurion.:)

The short answer is no, they don't have them ready to go. The long answer is that if you want them, we can definitely get them made. The street/track 40mm stuff would be somewhere between the $3.5k-$4k mark for a full set, depending on how I'd have to source standard struts to send DMS. If you could get several people interested it could bring the price down, and I'd reckon Camry/Aurion would be the same, just heavier front springs...