auspack GPS/DVD/TV

Sera30

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on... is everyone saying that for under $1000 and a couple of hours work, I can have gps sat nav, tv, dvd etc in my sx6 and have it appear as though it came from the factory?

thats right. Its a great unit

but thats not all!!!!!!!!!!!!

For this month only he will throw in bluetooth and a reverse camera.

and if your the 1,000,000th customer rumours have it that there might be a set of steak knives thrown in B)

Edited by sera709

Hold on... is everyone saying that for under $1000 and a couple of hours work, I can have gps sat nav, tv, dvd etc in my sx6 and have it appear as though it came from the factory?

Well the unit itself will look like it came with the car from factory, and with the screen on iGO8 navigation it will look great. However, the main menu system of the head unit itself (not the navigation side) will not look OEM. The menu UI is a little tacky on these systems. Otherwise, it's a good unit.

and if your the 1,000,000th customer rumours have it that there might be a set of steak knives thrown in B)

So who is "he"? Is there a website or something?

So who is "he"? Is there a website or something?

email address auspacks@optusnet.com.au his name is Rob

website auspack

Edited by sera709

Ok.

On the Igov8.3 topic, I finally gave up on this. :ph34r:

I've downloaded at least 20 packages of IgoV8.3.x from the internet and NONE of them even allowed me to get the initializing screen!!!.

The correct resolution folder was in the data.zip and it just kept going wrong and showing green/white/black stripes screen.

Maybe I have to wait till someone figures it out and upload the working one on the web.

:angry:

The correct resolution folder was in the data.zip and it just kept going wrong and showing green/white/black stripes screen.

Maybe I have to wait till someone figures it out and upload the working one on the web.

Did you copy the sys.ini from the original iGO8 to the new one... or at least entered the correct resolution into the new one? If you don't have the resolution in that file to state 480x234, you will get that screen. I had it as well. It looks like an etch-a-sketch being erased right?

That said though, good luck if you really think you can get the R15 maps to work on it.

I ordered one today, I live in melb so I will just pop down to clayton and pick it up. Its 910 pickup. Installing it is the next part, I think I might pay for someone to do it. I have been thinking of getting AudioFX to do it, but I dont know how pricey they are.

hi guys,

quick questions :help:

: can an ipod be connected to the back of the unit? a friend said i might be able to connect my ipod and have it in the glovebox? will the interface alllow songs to be changed through the head unit? does any of this make sense to anyone?

stii haven't recieved my unit but its only a few days away!!

hi guys,

quick questions :help:

: can an ipod be connected to the back of the unit? a friend said i might be able to connect my ipod and have it in the glovebox? will the interface alllow songs to be changed through the head unit? does any of this make sense to anyone?

stii haven't recieved my unit but its only a few days away!!

Yeah you can connect ipod at the back of the unit. ipod cable also be included in the unit anyway.

i don't think you can change the songs through the unit although the unit is using same interface with ipod.

when you select ipod from the unit, the display shows the interface which is nearly same as your ipod screen(at least on mine shows same thing) such as playlists, on-the-go etc.

could be different on different ipod models.

I ordered one today, I live in melb so I will just pop down to clayton and pick it up. Its 910 pickup. Installing it is the next part, I think I might pay for someone to do it. I have been thinking of getting AudioFX to do it, but I dont know how pricey they are.

Oh well...if you go to any mechanics they shouldn't cost more than $50 IMO, since the unit itself is just plug&play including streering wheel controls.

From my memory, for the first time I tried to put my previous aftermarket headunit, it only took about 20minutes to take off the factory one.(Wiring the headunit was b*t*h tho..)

If you know how to use couple of screw drivers, you may DIY.

Good luck and you will definately like it.

:spiteful:

Ok Back on the Igov8.3, I finally got the initializing screen after putting the display setting into the sys file.

it was only 3 lines to add to make it working. DUH...

I actually have 2 different versions of igov8.3.

One is PNA and the other one is PDA version.

I tried PNA version with modified sys file and got into the language setting and voice setting menu.

After the voice setting, it seemed like it's gonna work but it gave me the outdated map file error which DJKOR stated.

Like DJKOR said, R15 map seems like the latest one for V8.0.x.

PDA version gave me another funny error message which was out of memory....deng..

it still showed the language and voice setting menu tho..

So, in conclusion, it seems like there's no maps available for australia yet on igo v.8.3.x and we might have to wait a bit more.

<_<

Oh well...if you go to any mechanics they shouldn't cost more than $50 IMO, since the unit itself is just plug&play including streering wheel controls.

From my memory, for the first time I tried to put my previous aftermarket headunit, it only took about 20minutes to take off the factory one.(Wiring the headunit was b*t*h tho..)

i got a couple of verbal quotes once i explained what it was i am installing. Both guys said 3-4 hours work equals 2-3 hundred dollars. I wish someone had said $50 bucks

... a friend said i might be able to connect my ipod and have it in the glovebox? will the interface alllow songs to be changed through the head unit? does any of this make sense to anyone?

Yes you can have it in your glovebox, and quite conveniently as well. Behind the glovebox there is a cutout that lets you access the pollen filter for the air conditioner. This cutout conveniently lets you route the iPod cable from the back of the head unit into your glovebox, no cutting required. You can even do this with the glovebox still in place as you can reach it all from the head unit side when it's removed.

As for the controls, you can control it on the head unit, but the interface is crap. The display on the head unit has a layout similar to the iPod, but you cant simply touch each selection. In other words, when you tap the screen, it brings up an on-screen panel and you need to tap up/down/left/right/ok, to control it all. Quite tedious in my opinion.

i got a couple of verbal quotes once i explained what it was i am installing. Both guys said 3-4 hours work equals 2-3 hundred dollars. I wish someone had said $50 bucks

Sigh..what a rip off!

If you lived near my place, I would install it for you only for $40.

It doesn't even take 1.5 hours to get it done(just the head unit)..

If I lived near you, I'd install it in under 30 minutes (head unit only) for a beer and lunch :rolleyes:

The good (or bad) thing about the Aurion head unit is that it is so damn easy to swap. If I were a thief, I could take a head unit out of an Aurion and be gone with it in under 2.5 minutes.

I don't think AudioFX is the best place to get your audio installation done there to be honest since I got a mate who actually works there and tells me stories about that joint lol.

They are trying to rip you off for sure. I am an accountant with absolutely no mechanical background and it took me about 4 hours to install my unit included all the wirings for reverse camera and TV antenna. I just followed the DIY guides from sticky posts here. The first time is hardest because the seals are tightly fitted and you have no idea where the clips and screws are. Now it will only take me 5 mins to remove my head unit. Unless you cannot afford to spend a few hours on your car, I do not recommend to get it installed by "professionals".

Edited by Kmg

I was more worried about the reverse camera, I dont have any tools to cut that hole in the boot out. And what about the wiring for it? Do I have to take out my rear seats to do it?

I go on a really long road trip on the 19th, I just wanted it to be done properly before I left. I was afraid if I did it myself I would miss some issues that I wouldnt notice until I went on the road trip. Seeing as how I will be in the car for 17 hours I kinda wanted it to be perfect when i go.

I was more worried about the reverse camera, I dont have any tools to cut that hole in the boot out. And what about the wiring for it? Do I have to take out my rear seats to do it?

I go on a really long road trip on the 19th, I just wanted it to be done properly before I left. I was afraid if I did it myself I would miss some issues that I wouldnt notice until I went on the road trip. Seeing as how I will be in the car for 17 hours I kinda wanted it to be perfect when i go.

For the reverse camera, it depends on the model of camera/Aurion. My ZR6 already has a reverse camera hole, but my IR camera is too big so I spent half and hour to enlarge the hole with a simple saw. No power tool is needed.

About wirings, you don’t need to remove your rear seats, there is a hole to the boot behind the rear seats at topside, find the hole from the boot and it will give you an idea where the hole is. You can squeeze you hand in behind the seats and get the wires through.

May be you can install the head unit first and install reverse camera after you return from your trip. I found it very hard to watch anything from the screen at daytime because of bad panel design, unless you also make yourself a cover to block sunlight to the head unit, the reverse camera is only useful at night, so no hurry to install it if you don’t have enough time.

LOL thats a fair point, do you have another in mind?

Hmm I would recommend jbhifi in Dandenong, Ali does the audio workshop for them, he gets the job done well.

Edited by JZA

marc2020

come up for a drive to wollongong and ill put it in for you.

thats how easy it was after receiving help from these guys in this forum. its easy once you know how.

my offer still stands

Edited by sera709