auspack GPS/DVD/TV

Sera30

Hi Mate,

the one ive got my eyes on has factory nav and thats all i really need anyway.

cheers

FAT

Hi mate,

i can give you some info about the unit from caraudiowarehouse,, its made by NECVOX aka punch video corp taiwan,as apposed to the auspack unit made in china,, some people maynnot know any difference,, i have had an auspack unit(you will see earlier in the post that JIN has bought it from me)and for value for money theyre very good,,, however , the nexvox is just that much better quality overall and also its got an 8" screen instead of 7",, only real tradeoff is it has NO ipod interface,, and it has no tv tuner in built. i paid $1199 for it and have just yesterday sold my aurion,, im looking at buying an ZR6 soon and so sold my at-x but not before replacing the original unit back in the car,,, if you or anyone else is interested, my unit is for sale at the moment ,JIN will vouch for my honesty in selling on here,, looking for around $750 pp ,it comes complete with everything as delivered from the factory,i'm in canberra 2602 postcode .if you want, pm me your email and ill send some photos,, not being pushy but my old auspack unit was sold to JIN within about 12 hours of it been offered on here.

cheers

FAT

Guys, been reading this topic with interest. I notice a couple of other options available and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about them ?

Firstly the Car Audio Warehouse unit - out of Sydney. http://www.caraudiowarehouse.com.au/catalo...products_id=308

ANyone had any experience with this unit. Comes with a 3 year replacement warranty which could be a good thing.

The other comes out of the US. It appears to be the actual Toyota unit but at a greatly reduced price (about $2500 aud landed). Any info would be appreciated

http://www.oemvalue.com/toyota2.htm

Cheers, brett

Yeah. I bought mine from fatsatman and it was real good deal.

I am still so happy with the unit and thanks to fatsatman.

Again, he's offering another great deal too!

I got the package in secure, nothing is damaged and including whole thing I needed for the installation.

I can guarantee if someone buy it from him, it's a good deal.

I just wich if I could get this another unit from him. hehe.

BTW, I am sorry to hear that you sold your aurion, fatsatman.

You going to get ZR6 soon?

Just wondering, why are you selling this unit? You may install it when you get your new aurion is delivered.

Anyways, Thanks again, fatsatman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any offers on my necvox/schnieder 8" screen dvd/gps unit,i really need to move it and its in imaculate condition with gps software/antenna and reverse camera.

complete with remote,looms and original box.

Hi Mate,

the one ive got my eyes on has factory nav and thats all i really need anyway.

cheers

FAT

Hi mate,

i can give you some info about the unit from caraudiowarehouse,, its made by NECVOX aka punch video corp taiwan,as apposed to the auspack unit made in china,, some people maynnot know any difference,, i have had an auspack unit(you will see earlier in the post that JIN has bought it from me)and for value for money theyre very good,,, however , the nexvox is just that much better quality overall and also its got an 8" screen instead of 7",, only real tradeoff is it has NO ipod interface,, and it has no tv tuner in built. i paid $1199 for it and have just yesterday sold my aurion,, im looking at buying an ZR6 soon and so sold my at-x but not before replacing the original unit back in the car,,, if you or anyone else is interested, my unit is for sale at the moment ,JIN will vouch for my honesty in selling on here,, looking for around $750 pp ,it comes complete with everything as delivered from the factory,i'm in canberra 2602 postcode .if you want, pm me your email and ill send some photos,, not being pushy but my old auspack unit was sold to JIN within about 12 hours of it been offered on here.

cheers

FAT

Guys, been reading this topic with interest. I notice a couple of other options available and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about them ?

Firstly the Car Audio Warehouse unit - out of Sydney. http://www.caraudiowarehouse.com.au/catalo...products_id=308

ANyone had any experience with this unit. Comes with a 3 year replacement warranty which could be a good thing.

The other comes out of the US. It appears to be the actual Toyota unit but at a greatly reduced price (about $2500 aud landed). Any info would be appreciated

http://www.oemvalue.com/toyota2.htm

Cheers, brett

Yeah. I bought mine from fatsatman and it was real good deal.

I am still so happy with the unit and thanks to fatsatman.

Again, he's offering another great deal too!

I got the package in secure, nothing is damaged and including whole thing I needed for the installation.

I can guarantee if someone buy it from him, it's a good deal.

I just wich if I could get this another unit from him. hehe.

BTW, I am sorry to hear that you sold your aurion, fatsatman.

You going to get ZR6 soon?

Just wondering, why are you selling this unit? You may install it when you get your new aurion is delivered.

Anyways, Thanks again, fatsatman.

Hey guys.

Does anybody have any hassels with the bluetooth on these units?

1# That it sometiimes does connect \doesn't connect automatically

2# When i dail on my mobile while connected to it, it always rings through the mobile not the car kit.( I have to manually connect to it through the option on my mobile)

3# On the bluetooth option you can have it auto answer. its been ticked but it never auto answers. You have to press the button on my mobile or find the touch stick to touch the answer button on the screen not wanting to put fingerprints on the screen)

1# That it sometiimes does connect \doesn't connect automatically

I haven't had that issue lately, but I have drawn the conclusion that it is the phone itself when that happens. My old Sony Ericsson would get to a point where it would never connect automatically. What I did was delete the profile on the phone for 'CAR KIT', then turn both the head unit and phone off, then turn it all on again. After that, I would add the head unit profile to the phone again and give it full permission. That resolved my problem, not sure if it will solve yours. My new HTC Diamond works flawlessly with this unit.

2# When i dail on my mobile while connected to it, it always rings through the mobile not the car kit.( I have to manually connect to it through the option on my mobile)

Hmmm. Try my answer to number one firstly. The only issue I get is that everything happens in this order.

1) My phone starts ringing,

2) The music then goes mute,

3) The head unit switches to the bluetooth mode,

4) After about 5 seconds of my phone initially ringing, a tone is then output through the head unit,

5) I answer the phone, and need to wait 3-5 seconds before I can talk.

It's really a big difference to other bluetooth units. Before this in my old Camry, I had a Pioneer bluetooth unit; that thing was the bomb. It instantly switched to bluetooth mode with no lag and when the call ended, the music started up immediately. I guess that's the difference with quality.

3# On the bluetooth option you can have it auto answer. its been ticked but it never auto answers. You have to press the button on my mobile or find the touch stick to touch the answer button on the screen not wanting to put fingerprints on the screen)

Can't help you there. That option is in the phone and not the head unit.

• 2 weeks later...
Any offers on my necvox/schnieder 8" screen dvd/gps unit,i really need to move it and its in imaculate condition with gps software/antenna and reverse camera.

complete with remote,looms and original box.

is this still available? I'm interested...

and do you know if it works with the Igo8 gps software?

• 3 weeks later...

hey buddy,

the song at 0.43 in the third video you posted....can i please have the name of that? haha i cant stop watching that video just for the song!

and also....im thinking about buying the AVC-6901 but its clearly for a camry/aurion....what im wondering is, is it possible for me to be able to fit it into my corolla?

or do i have to buy the one made for corolla? because im definitely liking this one more than the one made for corolla...looks so much nicer, and of course bigger screen!

thanks alot man

the song at 0.43 in the third video you posted....can i please have the name of that? haha i cant stop watching that video just for the song!

and also....im thinking about buying the AVC-6901 but its clearly for a camry/aurion....what im wondering is, is it possible for me to be able to fit it into my corolla?

or do i have to buy the one made for corolla? because im definitely liking this one more than the one made for corolla...looks so much nicer, and of course bigger screen!

I got your PM and replied to that. Soz; work is really full on these days. I can't float around the board like I used to. Since sharing is caring, I'll put my PM here as it is an answer for this thread here:

As per the third video, before I you see me switch tracks to 'Space Cowboy Feat. Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover [ben Macklin Remix]', the song that was playing from the beginning of the video is 'Niels Van Gogh vs. Eniac - Pulverturm V 2.0 [Eric Smax and Thomas Gold Remix]'.

As for the head unit, that one shown there is specifically for the Aurion and Camry and would not fit a Corolla. Which model Corolla do you have? Auspacks make a Corolla sized unit available here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/auspacks/productPage11.html

I think that is for the newer body shape though.

• 1 month later...

I have found another issue after my unit install. My steering wheel controls occasionally play funny buggers and sometimes even stop working. It jumbles up the keys so that the up volume button changes modes, etc. It was really bizarre, I took it back to the dealership to get them to check the steering wheel but they werent able to replicate the problem. I was wondering if anybody else here had that issue?

Can a Sydney member who has purchased an auspack head unit please contact me on my email, rodman1919@hotmail.com

I just need to ask a few questions in regards to the payment, shipping, etc...

Thanks

Edited by shroddy

I paid $850 and all the buttons on the steering wheel works perfectly B)

thanks dj for pointing out the air vent positioning.

Hi sera709,

I have just purchased the auspack unit and will be installing it soon. I live in barrack hts, could u give me a hand if i run into problems?

thanks for any advice.

Hi sera709,

I have just purchased the auspack unit and will be installing it soon. I live in barrack hts, could u give me a hand if i run into problems?

thanks for any advice.

Hey Jorgeo......Good to see another local amoungst us . Sure ill give you a hand if you need it. when i installed mine it was like running blind. I would of still been there if it wasn't for tthe help from the guys on this forum. Send me a personal message if you need help or better still bring the car over and we'll install in half the time.

as for shrodey...................i have sent you a message on you tude and your email address

Hi sera709,

thanks for any advice.

Hey Jorgeo......Good to see another local amoungst us . Sure ill give you a hand if you need it. when i installed mine it was like running blind. I would of still been there if it wasn't for tthe help from the guys on this forum. Send me a personal message if you need help or better still bring the car over and we'll install in half the time.

as for shrodey...................i have sent you a message on you tude and your email address

Thanks sera709,

I will probily take u up on that, have a nice easter.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION...A1%7C240%3A1318

hey guys, how does this compare to our auspack units? I am really disappointed with the ipod features of my auspack unit and want to know if this one would be better? any opinions would be appreciated...

I dont know if it would be better than ours but i do like the idea of the digital set top box which i think we are going to need pretty soon when they switch anologue off.

I quite enjoy the tv in the car while i'm waiting around ffor someone. My wife tthinks its great too. I wonder if its suited for the Auspack unit??????????? :unsure:

• 8 months later...
... and the reverse +12v sense (pink wire) which I connected to the harness in the passenger kick panel that leads to the reverse lights (shown below).

dsc02442lr2.th.jpg dsc02436ay5.th.jpg

If you go that route, the plug that you will tap into has two red wires. The one you are after is that one with the silver dot on it.

Sorry for the thread revival, but to give an update on this, I have had reports that the red wire with silver dot is not the right wire. Since everyone seems to give up after they find it is the wrong wire, I have gone back and double checked the harness.

I do apologize as this is an honest mistake, but this is why I suggest people pick up a cheap multimeter if they plan on playing with the wiring of their car. This way you can find stuff out like this without having to ask.

Anyways, the wire you need to tap into is the thin red wire with no other markings on it. I have indicated this wire in the attached photos:

dsc02442lr2.jpg

dsc05688f.jpg