Removing Stone Chips

namz

Guys,

i am back again , any suggestions or product for fixing stone chips and improving bonnet look after some poorly looking touch ups done by car dealer.

i bought this camry but bonnect has some really poor touchs done and can be noticed easily ...any way to make bonnet look shiney and nice ?? something that can be done by hand if possible ?

Cheers

Guys,

i am back again , any suggestions or product for fixing stone chips and improving bonnet look after some poorly looking touch ups done by car dealer.

i bought this camry but bonnect has some really poor touchs done and can be noticed easily ...any way to make bonnet look shiney and nice ?? something that can be done by hand if possible ?

Cheers

Where are u located? If in Melb perhaps i can help. See my sig.

PS: I just read in ur other thread that ur car is silver. That puts a whole other degree of difficulty into the situation.

Put it this way, if u want touch ups to look good on a car don't buy a silver car. The problem of "metallic flip" rears its ugly head in a big way.

Edited by HOTSUP

Guys,

Cheers

PS: I just read in ur other thread that ur car is silver. That puts a whole other degree of difficulty into the situation.

Put it this way, if u want touch ups to look good on a car don't buy a silver car. The problem of "metallic flip" rears its ugly head in a big way.

Thanks buddy , saw ur sig** , looks like u know what u do...thats great...i am in nunawading ...so how can u help ??feel free to PM me if u like..

cheers!!

Edited by namz

Guys,

Cheers

Thanks buddy , saw ur sig** , looks like u know what u do...thats great...i am in nunawading ...so how can u help ??feel free to PM me if u like..

cheers!!

PM sent.

• 7 months later...

Old thread but thought it bump it to tell some usefull information.

When brush touching up stone chips the result is usally flat and unimpressive.

This is the result for all mettalic's and pearls and some solid colours.

The reason is That that mettalics/pearls and some solid colours are painted Clear Over Base.

The Clear giving the gloss and the Base is the actual colour but is matt (no gloss).

When brush touching , the paint used is the base so has no gloss , hence the flat apperance.

Simply once the brush touch is dry , Get a CLEAR NAIL POLISH and apply it over the brush touch.

This will give the brush touch the Gloss that it needs to help blend in with the rest of the area.

Thus making the stone chip less noticable.

Old thread but thought it bump it to tell some usefull information.

When brush touching up stone chips the result is usally flat and unimpressive.

This is the result for all mettalic's and pearls and some solid colours.

The reason is That that mettalics/pearls and some solid colours are painted Clear Over Base.

The Clear giving the gloss and the Base is the actual colour but is matt (no gloss).

When brush touching , the paint used is the base so has no gloss , hence the flat apperance.

Simply once the brush touch is dry , Get a CLEAR NAIL POLISH and apply it over the brush touch.

This will give the brush touch the Gloss that it needs to help blend in with the rest of the area.

Thus making the stone chip less noticable.

unfortunately, that isnt a very viable option as you would have to re-apply it every week due to weathering. in various weather conditions, it would most likely start to haze, not to mention its not designed for car paint.