Possible stuffed cv joints??

SQU-47N

Hey guys, i think my cv's might be stuffed. I drive a 03 conquest wagon and for the past week when i have been driving i can hear a clicking, metal rubbing noise coming from the front. I checked the engine oil, and if anything could be hitting the road, so i dont think it is the engine. When driving i push inthe clutch and can hear the clicking noise faintley. This happened to anyone??....and how do you know when the cv's are stuffed.

Any help much appreciated.

hey,

my mate had his CV's buggered and the way we could tell was when the steering wheel is turned one way or the other while reversing, you could hear a click click noise, but this is just a simple way of finding out if its them or not.

Evo

Easy to check CVs - look between the wheel and drive shaft and if you notice a thick greasy substance, viola, CV joint gone. It may also plaster the inside of the wheel rims.

Just checked, no grease visable, anyone have any ideas??

Starting to think its not the cv's now....hear clicking when driving, doesnt get any worse around corners-round abouts, and now grease near cv shaft or around inside wheel rim, i think the noise may be coming from back of engine???

You said that the noise is kliking or rubing? Take the wheel off (do not forget to use the jacks to support the car as you will have to spend some time under it...) and start from cheking small things like back cover of brake disk sometimes it can get bent and make rubing noise, if not, have a look at the front of the CV you will see the flanges that suposeto be round, small stones can damage it as well and it will make scrubing sounds, check all CV boots inner and outer. And that is right do not forget to have a look at any nails or so in tyres...