Obama takes the US 08 election

qkslvr

And Kevin Rudd the useless ***** is prolly already on his way to the states on a tax payer funded holiday to preform congratulatory fellatio on him...

hehe. The guy speaks mandarin, leave him alone! lol

Man I am glad this guy won. The other dude sounded like he was from Rednecks-R-Us, America and the world at large is better off.

Wait until you see the electoral results map. All the southern states voted for McCain. hehe

problem is...

Rudd also used the same tactic over the old Howard and got into power...

also so far alot of ppl reckons nothing has change either.... (you could argue over the stimulus package that they were forced to act...)

US mind u has alot more problems on all levels than Australia... I'm just hope that by the end of his 2 terms... (given Bush was...) he will leave US in a better economical shape...

but he speaks mandarin...? haha

my friends all liked him coz they are all asian like me...

at the end of the day i dont care if our PM could speak martian... all i want is for Australia to prosper and tax less...! lol

problem is...

Rudd also used the same tactic over the old Howard and got into power...

also so far alot of ppl reckons nothing has change either.... (you could argue over the stimulus package that they were forced to act...)

US mind u has alot more problems on all levels than Australia... I'm just hope that by the end of his 2 terms... (given Bush was...) he will leave US in a better economical shape...

Remember that Australian Labor is just about as conservative as the Liberals (who aren't liberal at all)...at least the controlling faction are. There are huge differences between the American Democrats and Republicans (the Democrats are quite liberal) and the Republicans are very conservative.

lols interest rates are high not because of Rudd but - it was all hairy eyebrows fault

You have no idea do u? Interest rates are at their lowest point in 2 yrs... But the Pm doesn't directly control interest rates, the reserve bank does. My question would be what else has Rudd actually done to try and address these financial problems?

I too am also happy that Obama won. Hopefully this is the beginning of long awaited change in the US. However, i'd be looking both ways when walking down the street.

Congrats to Obama on his win..

I was on FB & becoz its an American based site,some of the posts are very negative even suggesting a possible assasination/extreme objecture in their own words..thats so sad that the american people cant embrace change even from generations of white presidents to now the first afro american ..I say let him have a go,better than the past war mongering predessesors..I hope he can make a difference,maybe reverse some damage done..

go Bama (dont disappoint me b***ch)

Hairy brow stay too long...

i think 95% of us would agree...!

I only thing I probably blame him is...

1. failure to seperate Telstra into 2 companies...

2. medicare levy where i dont even see doctors 90% of the time...

3. failure to get state government to get rid of their stamp duties and other assorted taxes when they introduced GST (not to mention excise duty on petrol...!)

4. ofcoz we still paying too much tax... =(

Remember that Australian Labor is just about as conservative as the Liberals (who aren't liberal at all)...at least the controlling faction are. There are huge differences between the American Democrats and Republicans (the Democrats are quite liberal) and the Republicans are very conservative.

yeah they are both conservatives compared to the more moderate politics of US democrats... but still dont understand why people wants to vote for greens !!!

lols interest rates are high not because of Rudd but - it was all hairy eyebrows fault

You have no idea do u? Interest rates are at their lowest point in 2 yrs... But the Pm doesn't directly control interest rates, the reserve bank does. My question would be what else has Rudd actually done to try and address these financial problems?

I too am also happy that Obama won. Hopefully this is the beginning of long awaited change in the US. However, i'd be looking both ways when walking down the street.

They werent low in August and thats because Rudd implemented the "Tightening" Monetary Policy because of our high inflation - which means that the RBA sold securities back to the govt. which meant there wasnt alot of borrowing money in the banks which meant interest rates went up buddy :) i didnt get 20/20 for nothing.

There was only a interest rate cut recently to increase confidence, making people borrow, increasing national savings (Thats what Rudd has done :) )

The RBA doesnt control these policies, they work in conjunction with the government !

Interest rates at the moment are 6% - yes it was originally 7%

Inflation is 5% - its suppose to be 2-3%

Edited by mrs.sportivo

There was only a interest rate cut recently to increase confidence, making people borrow, increasing national savings (Thats what Rudd has done :) )

Contradiction highlighted..... but this isn't an economics thread.

Go the first kneegrow president! Better than the redneck and whatshername from Alaska with the daughter that can't keep her legs together :lol: (I joke now but seriously, I'd tap that)

Congrats to Obama on his win..

I was on FB & becoz its an American based site,some of the posts are very negative even suggesting a possible assasination/extreme objecture in their own words..thats so sad that the american people cant embrace change even from generations of white presidents to now the first afro american

Thats cause 2 groups of people were ALREADY arrested that were planning to kill him in the last month with ****nol of weapons. Both groups pretty much being KKK people........

Edit, why the F**K was a word above edited when it's not a bad word?

Edited by ASG14

They werent low in August and thats because Rudd implemented the "Tightening" Monetary Policy because of our high inflation - which means that the RBA sold securities back to the govt. which meant there wasnt alot of borrowing money in the banks which meant interest rates went up buddy :) i didnt get 20/20 for nothing.

The RBA doesnt control these policies, they work in conjunction with the government !

Interest rates at the moment are 6% - yes it was originally 7%

Inflation is 5% - its suppose to be 2-3%

ashy's spot on there. howard government knew all along this was going to come but refused to do anything about it in fear of dampening consumer confidence. as everybody knows, money's gotta flow otherwise the economy rots. by further cutting the interest rates it entices consumer spending, which allows money to flow. rudd's policies has guaranteed people to stop panicking, and hell if he can guarantee all savings in australian banks below 1.5mil or rather i'd be happy. especially the fall of AIG (American International Group to All Investments Gone), anything is possible.

this black man is'ent going to change any thing, the more things change the more they stay the same.....as for johny i liked him (he had a bit of balls) he came into my work the other day he still looks good for his age...