3sgte convertion

ice23q

im not too sure man, ud prolly have to check with a celica site, but youd find that ifu have a front clip or engine 3sGTE from a same model celica then its pretty much a simple swap + a few parts for the turbo etc....the thing is finding the right version 3sGTE as there are different models, some models (eg89-90ish for example) may fit different to a later generation 3sgte. After u find the closest match for ur model celica, it will simplify the swapping over and require minimal wiring etc.....

check out celica.net

there is a 6th gen site someplace too

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

i know this aint the same but a m8 just completed a conversion from 3sge to 3sgte in a weekend bak up in runnin in 3 days... only problem he found becuz he used his 3sge box the starter motor on the gte engine is on the actual engine and the starter for his box was on the box... so u take the starter off the engine and drill the hole out so u can fit the different starter in other than that the engine bolts straight up... and the alternator bracket is in the way so u have to relocate that holes are already there on the block... i dunno if that helps but i was in a typing mood it set him back just under 3000 with guages... so bout 2500 if u dun want that **** straight up...

and with using the gt3 manifold u still need to lose some compression 2 head gaskets do the trick... but i dunno bout the fe engines but the ecu wont handle positive pressure... so theres another 1200 bucks for a aftermarket ecu... and then piping turbo etc would work out beter if u used a diff engine but just my oppinion

• 6 months later...

dont turbo the stock engine youll pay for it lol... buy a gen 2 3sgte there cheaper.. depending on ur budget.. it will cost u 7500 for the conversion , aftermarket ecu , big front mount , intercooler piping , 3inch mandrel bent system , double dump , etc etc etc... if ur gunna use a front mount use the 3sge intake manifold find one stops heat soak

and yep the starter hole is on the other side u can re drill it on the opposite side of buy a sv21 camry gearbox.. youll need to buy the sv21 camry starter motor if u do that... ive just finished the conversion if u run into ne problems send me a email or something..

the 3sge computer will handle stock positive pressure not sure about the 3sfe one..

post-432-1103267544_thumb.jpg

Edited by berad