Camber Pins

ELEGNT

i think they set your wheels at an angle, so when you corner, there is more wheel surface area in contact with the road, thus allowing you to corner better

thats what i learnt from play nfs pro street :)

You mean camber bolts?

The idea of running extra camber is for cornering, but it takes away longitudinal grip (braking/accelerating). As the car rolls through a corner the wheel, and thus the tyre, rolls too. If a tyre was perpendicular to the road surface while in a straight line, than 100% of the possible tyre surface is in contact with the road. When you start to corner the car rolls, and for the sake of this example the wheel rolls 5*. This then reduces the contact patch area as more load is applied to the outside shoulder on the loaded, aka outside, wheel. Since the most grip occurs when the wheel is perpendicular to the road surface camber needs to be added. For the sake of this example 5* would give the best cornering grip, however because of this the contact patch for longitudinal forces is reduced, thus the braking and accelerating grip is reduced. So you need to find a trade off between the two. 2-3* camber would be the trade off. These numbers are just made up and are no way what you should run, but be aware that too much camber on the road, due to lower cornering speeds, may cause inside shoulder wear on your tyres. You'll also note I didn't mention the effect of roll on the unloaded, aka inside, wheel. Because it is unloaded it gives very little grip and isn't of to much concern.

As for installation, if the Aurio is McPherson strut, then it is pretty easy. But be aware that you'll need a wheel alignment afterwards as the camber change will cause a toe change. As for toe, insist on the toe being zero, not cross toe or what ever crap they want to measure or tell you, you want the wheels pointing straight ahead. Toe also has an effect on cornering however no where near as much as camber does.

thanks for that! i new it was somthin like alone those line....so therefore the camber bolts give the car the camber? or do they keep the independent suspension as straight as posible after lowering? just clarifying

thanks

thanks for that! i new it was somthin like alone those line....so therefore the camber bolts give the car the camber? or do they keep the independent suspension as straight as posible after lowering? just clarifying

thanks

Late reply, can do both. If when lowered the camber becomes something ridiculous. The main use is to give the car more camber, they do require a wheel alignment since they are not plug and play.