Hello Australia

Just thought I'd say Hi from damp, cold, grey and rainy England :D

I have two Corollas which I use regulary,

The first one is a 1989 Corolla GTi (also known as FX GT/ FX16 in some countries) with the 4AGE engine; which I've owned for 12 years (which I've kept as original as possible).

GTi16v.jpg

Picture was taken last September at a Jap car show held at a R.A.F Base in Shropshire, England.

My other Corolla is a 1998 Corolla GS, which has had 'bits & bobs' added to it since I bought it in 2001.

gs.jpg

The picture was taken on the main Auto route into Paris during a motoring holiday round Europe.

Sorry for quality of photos

I really like some of the modified older KE 70 Corollas you have in your country (your dry climate must be a real asset to help keeping a car looking great) especially the ones with 4AGZE Engines 'shoved in em' :) .

I've always 'messed' with vehicles over the years and always had an interest in Classic cars/oldtimers form the 1930's to 1970's (Your 'Horn' cars from the late 60's/early 70's are really ace :D ).

Happy Motoring.

Welcome Twincam.GTi

Nice rides!!!! It's good to see that there are people other than Aussies that love Toyota's....

Your vehicles don't look too bad, however it is a pity that these 2-door versions were not available in Australia, infact, I have not even seen an imported 2-door...

My previous vehicle was an AE112R Corolla Levin (the same shape as your '89 GTi except it had the newer 'Teardrop' style headlamps and was a 4-door....

Thanks people.

afyfe Posted Today, 12:26 PM

... it is a pity that these 2-door versions were not available in Australia, infact, I have not even seen an imported 2-door...

:blink: I never knew that :blink: Why don't they import them? surely there must be a market.

shaohaok Posted Today, 12:33 PM

u live around shropshire? there are LOTS of very nice B roads in that area!!

Oh my, thanks, other people from around the world have said that about the B roads, mainly motorcyclists. Didn't realise the roads were so well known ;) :D .

If you know of 'Ironbridge' by the River Severn I live about a mile away and go down through that valley everyday on my drive to work.

If there's one thing I love about Europe is their massive Motorways. Especially in Germany and some of the Southern European countries. Everytime I head over there which is every three years, driving around in a rent-a-car, I'm usually driving well over 180km/h for hours and hours on end without seeing any cops. If I could only drive my stivo over there would be awsome.

Thanks people.
afyfe Posted Today, 12:26 PM

... it is a pity that these 2-door versions were not available in Australia, infact, I have not even seen an imported 2-door...

:blink: I never knew that :blink: Why don't they import them? surely there must be a market.

shaohaok Posted Today, 12:33 PM

u live around shropshire? there are LOTS of very nice B roads in that area!!

Oh my, thanks, other people from around the world have said that about the B roads, mainly motorcyclists. Didn't realise the roads were so well known ;) :D .

If you know of 'Ironbridge' by the River Severn I live about a mile away and go down through that valley everyday on my drive to work.

heck yeah, i used live around Acton Burnell. loved the bit of road that u have to drive through to get into Shrewsbury.