• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to get some of those lights for the Licence plate

the same seller is selling the licence plate LED's for USD$45

I'm going to wait to see the quality of these door ones before I invest in the rego plate lights.

DJKOR got some for his TRD and found they were ultra bright, so much that it became a distraction and as a result they had to be dulled down. I'm in no rush and am thinking of something a bit trickier for my rego plates.

I need to get some of those lights for the Licence plate

the same seller is selling the licence plate LED's for USD$45

These look pretty good...

Im guessing this will be the correct bulb connection size for the Camry?

What a rip off! You can get the exact same option for under $6!

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t10-0-75w-5-led-vehicle-signal-lamp-bulbs-12v-white-2-pack-21288

or

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t10-1-35w-12v-9-led-car-turning-signal-light-bulbs-white-2-pack-16097

Also why are people forking out so much for the HID Kits on eBay? They can be had for $35+ that's also including free shipping from Alibaba/Aliexpress. Bulb Replacements are only $11 as well!

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wholesale-H11-HID-Kit-35W.html?isFreeShip=y&SearchText=H11%2BHID%2BKit%2B35W&CatId=0&SortType=total_creditelv_desc&SortType=y

Plenty of Toyota Camry/Aurion goodies as well ;-)

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=Toyota+Camry&catId=0

Edited by Helvetica Rounded

mate those aren't the same, in fact we've been wondering whether they might be better than typical T10 or T5 replacements etc.

Well the T10's I have in the rear are bright!

They even light up the road... :wub:

Thanks for the pics :)

Do these light up the ground aswell?

They sure do :)

The nearest road which has tar is the Highway 500M down our driveway so when I head in to town perhaps tomorrow night I'll take some photos of what it looks like on the road, which isn't the highway... Don't want to rehash the F3 saga again!

Would anyone happen to know why the LED light at the gear stick base is flashing? Turning the lights on and off fixes it for a minute or two.

Edit: HID Lights also are having a pulsating like effect running through it....

Edited by Helvetica Rounded

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i got a question..does the HID kit we buy have to be a Canbus compliant system? I am not sure if the Aurions need that kind of compatibility? Also is it necessary to run an additional wiring harness from the car battery to the ballasts or just plug the ballasts into the original wiring and run it off those? Because i have been told for H11 type its not really required to have a wiring harness? Although I did put one for my 02' Camry I had as it was running H4...let me know what you think guys :)

...does the HID kit we buy have to be a Canbus compliant system?

No.

Also is it necessary to run an additional wiring harness from the car battery to the ballasts or just plug the ballasts into the original wiring and run it off those?

Not required as the stock wiring is more than sufficient to handle a 35 watt HID kit. Others may try to convince you otherwise, but trust me, you don't need it.

...does the HID kit we buy have to be a Canbus compliant system?

No.

Also is it necessary to run an additional wiring harness from the car battery to the ballasts or just plug the ballasts into the original wiring and run it off those?

Not required as the stock wiring is more than sufficient to handle a 35 watt HID kit. Others may try to convince you otherwise, but trust me, you don't need it.

Thanks for the quick reply mate..so i am good to go get a HID kit now and not worry about a relay harness :)

I installed the HID kit on my car and it works good..the only problem is if i leave the light switch to 'Auto' mode and start the car in the night, one of the HIDs dont light up..and then i have to turn off and on the light switch after which both works..and im not using a relay harness..and since the car works on button start i really am lazy to turn the lights on and off manually..has this happened to anyone else? If you keep the lights switched off while starting and then turn it on it works fine..leaving lights on starting time brings the problem..otherwise its good..

Yep happens to me too. Nothing that im worried about. Seems pretty normal

if thats the case i think im gonna try a relay harness i possibly might have somewhere and see if that helps..otherwise will have to stick to using the on and off switch for headlights instead of leaving it on auto mode..

I installed the HID kit on my car and it works good..the only problem is if i leave the light switch to 'Auto' mode and start the car in the night, one of the HIDs dont light up...

Yep happens to me too. Nothing that im worried about. Seems pretty normal

if thats the case i think im gonna try a relay harness i possibly might have somewhere and see if that helps..otherwise will have to stick to using the on and off switch for headlights instead of leaving it on auto mode..

You could put in a relay harness, or you could do the right thing and don't use auto headlights.

If you noticed anything about cars, it is that the starter motor pulls a lot of current. This makes things like your stereo and other accessories cut out when you start your car. Your headlights are included in this.

What you are doing is putting more stress on the ballast for that short period of time that the starter motor is engaged. Especially at the initial stage of the HID lamp igniting where the lamp is pulling the most current so the arc can establish and stabilise.

But hey it's your kit. If you cook it faster, it's going to cost you to replace it.

You aren't the first to ask the question by the way... or the first person I have said the following to:

Trouble with your HID's

start the car (with parker lights and low beams still on)

after the engine started, both parker lights on, one of the low beams still off ( randomly happens)

Just a note here, you should not start your engine with your HID's on. You should only turn your HID's on AFTER the engine has started. This is why I don't use the Auto headlights.

This is one surefire way to kill your HID's much quicker than normal (moreso the aftermarket kits). Ever wonder why your radio cuts out when you start your engine? This is because the starter motor pulls a large amount of current, and any accessory device is going to suffer from this. So when you start your engine, you are 'pulling' power away from the HID ballasts and they are trying to regulate the voltage to the lamps, but can't do so properly. It puts stress on the ballasts and lamps.

DJKOR is spot on in this matter.

I have considered using a simple timing circuit in conjunction with a relay so that the headlight power is delayed by about 2 seconds before power is applied, giving the engine time to start before power is supplied to the headlights. The only issue I found with this is that those short bursts (say driving under a bridge) would trigger the headlights on and off, however as the engine is already running this wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as having them try to activate with the engine turning over. I see this as the best way to have HIDs and keep the Auto function.

I've just been too slack to get around to it :unsure:

You could put in a relay harness, or you could do the right thing and don't use auto headlights.

If you noticed anything about cars, it is that the starter motor pulls a lot of current. This makes things like your stereo and other accessories cut out when you start your car. Your headlights are included in this.

What you are doing is putting more stress on the ballast for that short period of time that the starter motor is engaged. Especially at the initial stage of the HID lamp igniting where the lamp is pulling the most current so the arc can establish and stabilise.

But hey it's your kit. If you cook it faster, it's going to cost you to replace it.

You aren't the first to ask the question by the way... or the first person I have said the following to:

Trouble with your HID's

start the car (with parker lights and low beams still on)

after the engine started, both parker lights on, one of the low beams still off ( randomly happens)

Just a note here, you should not start your engine with your HID's on. You should only turn your HID's on AFTER the engine has started. This is why I don't use the Auto headlights.

This is one surefire way to kill your HID's much quicker than normal (moreso the aftermarket kits). Ever wonder why your radio cuts out when you start your engine? This is because the starter motor pulls a large amount of current, and any accessory device is going to suffer from this. So when you start your engine, you are 'pulling' power away from the HID ballasts and they are trying to regulate the voltage to the lamps, but can't do so properly. It puts stress on the ballasts and lamps.

First of all my apologies for missing out the stuff you written about keeping the auto mode switched off while starting and what are its affects. I did read through but missed this one somehow. I do know that when any car starts the lamps, and anything on accessory gets low power as the starter takes all that. I was just curious to find out if anyone tried a relay harness that helped in keeping the power constant to the ballasts while the engine is starting? And yeah i have turned off auto lights now and the kit is working all good. I would only auto again with a relay harness to see if that helps..why im so behind the auto switch is because i have got into the habit of starting the car with the lights coming on automatically in the night instead of me flicking the switch always (have become lazy ever since i moved from my Camry).

Steven's idea is not bad at all and quite interesting to see if you could get that to work someday. For now will stick to this setup and see how I go. Wouldnt want to damage the ballasts or lamps - auto lights off! :)

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone, new to the site; never used a forum before. I am wanting opinions on LED vs. CCFL Projection Headlights....any opinions? I am looking online but not finding too many helpful sites. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!